Dry eyes are quite irritating and painful. But what causes dry eyes, and how can you deal with this condition? Well, this is what we’ll talk about in this blog. Along with the reason behind dry yes and some dry eye remedies, we’ll list out a reliable eye care supplement. So, make sure to read in full.
What are dry eyes?
Dry eyes usually occur when your tear glands are unable to produce the required tear to lubricate your eyes. This condition is often painful and can be caused due to several environmental and medical factors.
What is Dry Eye Syndrome, and what are its symptoms?
This condition is termed dry eye syndrome when dry eyes are caused by poor tear production or excessive evaporation. Some common symptoms of this syndrome are:
● Dry, scratchy, and painful sensations in both eyes
● Mucus around or in your eyes
● Sensitivity to light
● Blurred vision
● Tired or fatigued eyes
● Feeling as if there’s something stuck in your eyes
What causes dry eyes?
Dry eyes can be caused because of numerous reasons such as:
● Contact Lenses
● Environmental Factors
● Some Medical Conditions
How can you deal with dry eyes?
Here are some of the ways in which you can deal with dry eyes.
1. Blink More Frequently
Blinking is necessary to clean and lubricate the eyeball. However, according to several studies, people who continuously stare at screens tend to have a lower blink rate. And this can be a big reason behind dry eyes.
So, when you’re staring at a screen, voluntarily start blinking more. You can follow the 20/20 rule by closing your eyes every 20 minutes for 20 seconds. You can also tweak your screen’s brightness settings. This way, the tear evaporation will reduce, and your eyes will stay lubricated.
2. Consume Naturally Oily Fish
By naturally oily fish, we mean the fish that contains omega-3 fatty acids such as:
Omega-3 fatty acids are effective for treating dry eye syndrome and improve the functioning of oil glands. So, make sure to consume naturally oily fish to get relief from dry eyes.
3. Consume More Water
When you are feeling thirsty, the body is already dehydrated. And this can impact the production of tears in your eyes, leading to dry eyes. So, consume some water even when you don’t feel thirsty regularly. You must consume at least ten glasses of water each day.
When your body has ample water, it’ll produce healthy tears. And this way you can prevent dry eyes.
4. Say No to Smoking
If you’re a smoker, quit or if you stay with someone who smokes, stay away. It’s because the smoke of cigarettes can irritate your eyes, causing scratchiness and even a burning sensation.
5. Consume These Foods
Here are some foods/food items that you can consume to help dry eyes:
● Leafy Green Veggies such as spinach, collard, kale
● Seeds such as flaxseeds (flaxseed oil), chia seeds
● Nuts such as walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts.
● Beans of all types
6. Go for Eye Care Supplements
There are several kinds of eye drops in the market that you can use. However, eye drops offer a limited solution to eye issues. Fortunately, we have something better in store for you: Eye Care Melts.
What are Eye Care Melts?
Eye Care Melts is an eye care supplement from Wellbeing Nutrition. Unlike others in the market, this supplement offers overall care to your eyes. Here are the ingredients of Eye Care Melts:
● Lutemax 2020: Ensures overall eye health.
● Lutein: Reduces inflammation in the eyes and improves the sharpness.
● Zeaxanthin: Protects your eyes from blue light from screens and UV light from the sun.
● Bilberry: Helps improve nearsightedness, cataract issues, and glaucoma.
● NAG: Helps produce hyaluronic acid that lubricates your eyes.
● Beetroot: Improves eye health and also protects your eyes from age-related degeneration.
Overall, the above ingredients can help you:
● Lubricate the eyes and thus prevent dryness
● Improve eye sharpness
● Reduce muscle fatigue in eyes
● Reduce digital strain
● Prevent degeneration (age-related)
● Protect from blue light irritation
All these benefits come packed in a small tasty oral strip. You need to place that on your tongue, let it dissolve, and you’re done.
Also, this supplement is vegan, contains no sugar, gluten, preservatives, and is clinically proven. It simply means Eye Care Melts are safe for consumption and effective too. So, get your lack of Eye Care Melts to ensure good overall health for your eyes.
Dry eyes are no doubt a problematic condition. But with the right diet, some remedies, and the right eye care supplements such as Eye Care Melts, you can easily deal with this condition.
- Javadi, M. A., & Feizi, S. (2011). Dry eye syndrome. Journal of ophthalmic & vision research, 6(3), 192–198. Taken From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3306104/
- Messmer E. M. (2015). The pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of dry eye disease. Deutsches Arzteblatt international, 112(5), 71–82. https://doi.org/10.3238/arztebl.2015.0071
- Sheppard, A. L., & Wolffsohn, J. S. (2018). Digital eye strain: prevalence, measurement and amelioration. BMJ open ophthalmology, 3(1), e000146. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjophth-2018-000146
- Liu, A., & Ji, J. (2014). Omega-3 essential fatty acids therapy for dry eye syndrome: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies. Medical science monitor : international medical journal of experimental and clinical research, 20, 1583–1589. https://doi.org/10.12659/MSM.891364
- Thomas, J., Jacob, G. P., Abraham, L., & Noushad, B. (2012). The effect of smoking on the ocular surface and the precorneal tear film. The Australasian medical journal, 5(4), 221–226. https://doi.org/10.4066/AMJ.2012.1035
- Rand, A. L., & Asbell, P. A. (2011). Nutritional supplements for dry eye syndrome. Current opinion in ophthalmology, 22(4), 279–282. https://doi.org/10.1097/ICU.0b013e3283477d23