Everyone desires for naturally glowing skin. After all, a natural glow is a sign of healthy skin. There are many factors that can strip your complexion of its natural lustre. With just a few tips and daily habits, you will be able to alter your dull and lackluster skin to one that's ever radiant and glowing. What are they, you ask? Let’s find out.
Tips To Get Glowing Skin
While there are a plethora of skin products available in the market, getting radiant and glowing skin is something that is a long drawn out process, requiring consistent efforts. Given below are some of the most tried and tested tips to get glowing skin in the long run.
- Homemade remedies work better: When it comes to charting out a skin care routine go for products that are organic or homemade than those that are chemically-laden and store bought. Your kitchen has the solution to all your skin problems. That’s how our grandmothers took care of their skin back in the day. Follow suit and make yourself a facepack by mixing a tablespoon of multani mitti with a teaspoon of honey, yogurt, and lime juice each. Apply this mix for a week to get the best results.
Consume a wholesome diet: One of the most effective tips to get flowing skin is to have a diet rich in fresh vegetables and fruits. These are rich in antioxidants and important micronutrients such as vitamin C, zinc, selenium and copper, among other things that benefit skin health. Apart from this, adding sodium hyaluronate, l-glutathione, collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements to your daily diet after a certain age will help you replenish your body’s reserves of the same, slowing down the aging process.
Stick to a cleansing regimen that works for your skin: Before you adapt to a skin routine that works best for you, it is important to understand your skin very well. You don’t want to wash your skin too often to rob it off its moisture, and at the same time encourage your pores to secrete too much oil to make up for too much washing. It is best to wash your face first thing in the morning and right before hitting the bed at night to get a face glow. Using the wrong products for your skin type will only mess it up. So be wary of the products you use as well.
Keeping yourself hydrated always: Drinking plenty of water, approximately 8-10 cups of water per day, is one of the best tips to get glowing skin. Proper hydration will help rid your body and skin of toxins. Lack of sufficient water will not only make your skin go dry, tight, and flaky, it will also make it more prone to aging. Water provides your skin with the moisture it needs and enhances its elasticity.
Moisturize daily: Use products that help lock in moisture, aid in healing, and possess anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to get radiant and shiny skin. If your skin is dry, choose a thick moisturizer and use it daily when your skin is still wet after a shower or a wash. This will help hold in the moisture and make your skin feel smooth. Also, avoid exfoliating too much as that can make your skin itchy and flaky.
Consume probiotics: Consume foods that are fermented or have natural probiotics. And if your routine doesn’t allow that, add them to your diet through supplements, which are available in the market. Probiotics aid in digestion and maintain the balance of good bacteria in your gut, which further improves your skin health by preventing the “leaking” of certain proteins out into the body that tend to cause conditions like eczema. Wellbeing Nutrition’s Probiotic + Prebiotic is a combination of probiotic strains and prebiotic fibre that restores digestive balance with a blend of 6 active probiotic cultures and clinically studied prebiotic fibre – apple pomace and chicory root (Inulin) that improves gut health. This is definitely one of the most effective tips to get glowing skin.
Taking care of your skin is a step towards taking care of yourself. Many factors can damage your skin, right from hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, to other health conditions, which can make it difficult to maintain flawless, radiant and glowing skin. Follow the aforementioned steps religiously.
You can also try out Wellbeing Nutrition's Skin Fuel - India's First US Dermatologist Formulated Drinkable Skincare. Made using naturally derived, widely researched ingredients - L–glutathione, hyaluronic acid, Japanese collagen, and other essential vitamins, this delicious blueberry mint skin elixir will keep your skin youthful, supple and acne-free.
In case you have a chronic skin condition like eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis, visit a dermatologist or a primary health care provider without fail.
- Perspective of Natural Products in Skincare, Mila Emerald, Emerald A, Emerald L, Vikas Kumar, Perspective of Natural Products in Skincare, April 2016, DOI:10.15406/ppij.2016.04.00072, (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305469090_Perspective_of_Natural_Products_in_Skincare)
- Whitehead RD, Re D, Xiao D, Ozakinci G, Perrett DI (2012) You Are What You Eat: Within-Subject Increases in Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Confer Beneficial Skin-Color Changes. PLoS ONE 7(3): e32988. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0032988. (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0032988)
- Mukhopadhyay P. Cleansers and their role in various dermatological disorders. Indian J Dermatol. 2011;56(1):2-6. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.77542. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088928/)
- Palma L, Marques LT, Bujan J, Rodrigues LM. Dietary water affects human skin hydration and biomechanics. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2015;8:413-421. Published 2015 Aug 3. doi:10.2147/CCID.S86822. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4529263/)
- The clinical benefit of moisturizers, December 2005Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Marie Lodén,
19(6):672-88; quiz 686-7, DOI:10.1111/j.1468-3083.2005.01326.x
- Yu Y, Dunaway S, Champer J, Kim J, Alikhan A. Changing our microbiome: probiotics in dermatology. Br J Dermatol. 2020 Jan;182(1):39-46. doi: 10.1111/bjd.18088. Epub 2019 Jul 28. PMID: 31049923. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31049923/)