Rectum is the part of your colon that leads to the anal canal, responsible for defecation or excretion. There can be many reasons for a burning rectum, including hemorrhoids, inflammation, bleeding, fissures, or acidity among other things. There are many things that you can do to treat that burning sensation, and in this article we look at exactly what they are - home remedies for burning rectum! Let’s take a look.
Home Remedies for Burning Rectum
Your rectum is a very important part of your gastrointestinal system - it is approximately 5 inches long and helps in the processing of nutrients in your stomach. From adding mango seeds to your daily diet to bayberry, banana, and figs, the remedies are aplenty!
Bananas with milk are known to be instant burning rectum relief agents, as they is rich in potassium, which is a vasodilator. A vasodilator, by definition, helps in relaxing your blood vessels, leading to reduced stress and pressure on the veins around your rectum. Other than that, bananas also contain fiber, which help ensure a healthy bowel movement, reducing the risk of constipation.
Dried mango seeds can be crushed into powder form and given to people suffering from a burning sensation in their rectum. This powder, when eaten with honey, can serve as a home remedy for hemorrhoids - this is so because of the amazing anti-inflammatory properties found in these seeds.
Coriander seeds help in alleviating the symptoms and pain caused by piles. All you need to do is soak some of these seeds in water before you go to sleep at night and then consume them the coming morning. This remedy will help stop burning rectum, thanks to the amazing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and stomachic properties of coriander seeds.
Cranberries are known to be good for those suffering from hemorrhoids. Patients can place a cheesecloth containing cranberries on their rectum to relieve the symptoms of piles. Cranberries are anti-inflammatory in nature and are often prescribed for serious intestinal and stomach problems too.
Figs help in relieving the burning sensation in the rectum. All you need to do is soak 3-4 figs in water overnight and have them in the morning. You can have them as the first thing in the morning before eating anything else. Another way to use figs for instant relief from burning rectum is to apply them topically over the irritated areas, externally.
Hot & Cold Packs
You should try using hot and cold packs on areas where you feel the pain and discomfort of hemorrhoids. They help in relieving the burning sensation in the rectum, by reducing swelling and inflammation. It also increases the blow flow in that area, helping improve healing and cell repair.
Witch hazel is good for both itching and pain that come along with a burning rectum. It’s natural anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing the swelling. Witch hazel can be found in wipes, soaps, and sanitizers - and the astringent properties in it will reduce all the symptoms of piles. You can also apply witch hazel to your anus through cotton pads to eliminate the burning sensation.
Last but not the least in this list of remedies is aloe vera, with its amazing anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the burning sensation in your rectum and also reduce the inflammation.
Other things that you can do to prevent a burning rectum include avoiding spicy food, tea, coffee, and fried foods. If you have any allergies or chronic conditions, you should first consult with your doctor before you make any of these remedies a part of your routine. You can also try out Wellbeing Nutrition's Probiotic + Prebiotic that provides support to your digestive health, neutralizes toxins, improves metabolism, and helps prevent other gut-related issues.
- Salari M, Salari R, Dadgarmoghadam M, Khadem-Rezaiyan M, Hosseini M. Efficacy of egg yolk and nitroglycerin ointment as treatments for acute anal fissures: A randomized clinical trial study. Electron Physician. 2016;8(10):3035-3041. Published 2016 Oct 25. doi:10.19082/3035 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5133025/)
- Shah KA, Patel MB, Patel RJ, Parmar PK. Mangifera indica (mango). Pharmacogn Rev. 2010;4(7):42-48. doi:10.4103/0973-7847.65325 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249901/)
- Derakhshan AR. Natural Treatments for Fissure in Ano Used by Traditional Persian Scholars, Razi (Rhazes) and Ibn Sina (Avicenna). J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017;22(2):324-333. doi:10.1177/2156587216650302, (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5871188/)
- Blumberg JB, Basu A, Krueger CG, et al. Impact of Cranberries on Gut Microbiota and Cardiometabolic Health: Proceedings of the Cranberry Health Research Conference 2015. Adv Nutr. 2016;7(4):759S-70S. Published 2016 Jul 15. doi:10.3945/an.116.012583, (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4942875/)
- Villalba H, Abbas MA. Hemorrhoids: modern remedies for an ancient disease. Perm J. 2007;11(2):74-76. doi:10.7812/tpp/06-156, (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057743/)
- Mooventhan A, Nivethitha L. Scientific evidence-based effects of hydrotherapy on various systems of the body. N Am J Med Sci. 2014;6(5):199-209. doi:10.4103/1947-2714.132935, (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/)
- InformedHealth.org [Internet] . Cologne, Germany: Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG); 2006-. Enlarged hemorrhoids: How can you relieve the symptoms yourself? 2014 Jan 29 [Updated 2017 Nov 2] . Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279466/