Iron Supplements: Why Are They Important?
Well, you can consume iron-rich food items. But sometimes, an iron-rich diet isn’t good enough. And this is when iron supplements kick in. Iron supplements help improve the iron content in your body and prevent iron deficiency-related issues.
Let’s learn why iron supplements are important in great detail below.
What problems can iron supplements help you deal with?You need iron supplements to prevent the below-mentioned iron-deficiency issues.
Iron Deficiency AnemiaDeficiency of iron or low iron intake leads to low hemoglobin production. And this, in turn, leads to iron deficiency anemia. IDA is characterized by constant dizziness, fatigue, high BP, weakness, and shortness of breath. This condition/issue can be quite dangerous if not treated.
And how can it be treated? By consuming the required amount of iron each day. You can both go for supplements or natural sources.
Boosts Hemoglobin ProductionOne of the prime roles of iron is to produce hemoglobin (HB). Hemoglobin is a protein that transports/carries oxygen in the blood to different parts of the body.
And iron deficiency can lead to reduced hemoglobin production, which can cause weakness, tiredness, and fatigue in your body. In the case of women who lose a lot of blood during menstruation, the chances of low hemoglobin are even more. And this can lead to IDA.
Fortunately, adequate intake of iron via iron supplements can prove effective.
Helps Reduce Fatigue
Fatigue is when you feel weak, tired, and have a strong desire to sleep. If you did not sleep last night, it’s obvious that you’ll feel tired the next day. However, if you’re experiencing unexplained fatigue, it’s probably because of iron deficiency.
Both men and women with low iron in their diet might experience fatigue. However, fatigue is more commonly found in women because of the regular blood loss during menstruation. Fortunately, with a few weeks of regular intake of iron supplements, you can treat fatigue.
Enhances Muscle EnduranceLow iron intake also affects your muscle metabolism. After all, iron produces HB, which further helps provide oxygen to your muscles. And if there won’t be enough oxygen, your muscles will lose endurance, making you weak.
However, you can increase muscle endurance by consuming iron supplements. Iron supplements boost iron content in the body, which will ensure ample blood supply to your muscles. And this will lead to better and more elastic muscles.
Enhances ImmunityAn adequate amount of iron in your body is necessary to ensure a functional immune system. However, deficiency of iron can deplete the important organs, cells, and tissues from oxygen. And this can affect your body’s ability to fight against diseases, reducing your immunity.
Similar to the other issues, adequate iron intake can help you fight this problem. You can enhance your body’s ability to fight by consuming iron supplements.
Iron deficiency leads to a drop in cognitive levels that further leads to poor concentration. This is majorly because ample oxygen doesn’t reach the important organs such as the brain. Again, with the help of iron-rich foods or supplements, you can fight this and improve your concentration.
Why prefer Iron Supplements when natural sources exist?There are numerous sources of iron, such as Swiss chard, spinach, jawar, pulses, etc. However, your body can only extract iron from foods if your body’s absorption is working fine. And if your absorption suffers, your body won’t be able to extract iron. And this is when iron supplements come to your rescue.
Iron supplements make iron absorption easy and quick. And this gradually helps improve the iron content in your body. But which iron supplement is reliable? Well, we have one in store for you. Find it below:
Wellbeing Nutrition. These strips are easy to consume and come with the following ingredients:
● Organic Spinach
● Organic Swiss Chard
● Organic Beetroot
● Folic Acid
● Acerola Cherry
● Organic Pumpkin Seeds
These ingredients can help you:
● Improve Iron Absorption
● Increase Hemoglobin Production
● Improve Red Blood Cell Formation
● Protect you against Anemia
● Boost Energy Levels
This supplement is tasty, easy to consume, safe, effective, and clinically tested. So, if you want to enhance iron content in your body, Melts Nano Iron is what you should have.
Wrapping UpIron supplements are easy to absorb and effective for everyone. And unlike iron-rich foods, iron supplements such as Melts Nano Iron are tasty to consume and extremely effective, courtesy their bioavailability and absorption. So, opt for reliable supplements like the one mentioned above and never face iron deficiency issues again.
▪ Miller JL. Iron deficiency anemia: a common and curable disease. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2013;3(7):a011866. Published 2013 Jul 1. doi:10.1101/cshperspect. a011866. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3685880/).
▪ Abbaspour N, Hurrell R, Kelishadi R. Review on iron and its importance for human health. J Res Med Sci. 2014;19(2):164-174. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3999603/).
▪ Finkelstein JL, Herman HS, Guetterman HM, Peña‐Rosas JP, Mehta S. Daily iron supplementation for prevention or treatment of iron deficiency anaemia in infants, children, and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;2018(12):CD013227. Published 2018 Dec 17. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD013227. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6517129/)
▪ Falkingham, M., Abdelhamid, A., Curtis, P. et al. The effects of oral iron supplementation on cognition in older children and adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutr J 9, 4 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-9-4. (https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-9-4#citeas)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.