Energy-boosting Foods You Should Include in Your Daily Diet
Are you consuming enough energy-boosting foods daily? Most probably, you’re not. And this can slowly deplete you of your energy reserves causing long-lasting fatigue. However, if you start taking some energy-rich foods or supplements today, you can prevent this from happening.
What energy-rich foods or supplements should you consume? Well, read along to find out.
Top 8 Energy-boosting Foods You Should Include in Your Daily Diet
Some of the top energy-boosting foods that you must consume on a daily basis to manage your energy levels well, combat fatigue and tiredness, and increase productivity are as follows.
1. Leafy Green vegetables
Leafy greens such as kale and spinach have numerous nutrients that promote energy. Calcium, magnesium, potassium, antioxidants, fibers, and folic acids are some examples.
Fatigue often leads to anemia caused due to iron deficiency. Fortunately, leafy greens help improve iron content and increase iron absorption in your body.
2. Oats or Oatmeal
This is a whole-grain cereal capable of offering long-lasting energy. Oatmeal contains beta-glucan that forms a gel when combined with water. This gel improves glucose absorption in our bodies. Also, oatmeal is rich in manganese, iron, and vitamin B that boosts the energy production process in your body.
3. Citric Fruits
Citric fruits like oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. These antioxidants are known to wither off oxidative stress. And this can help you relieve stress which means more energy.
Eggs are no doubt a tasty food, but they’re also rich in protein. And protein means energy. Also, eggs have this amino acid: leucine. It helps improve energy production in several ways.
Furthermore, eggs are a good source of Vitamin B. And the B vitamins improve the food breakdown process offering you more energy.
Whenever there’s a long day ahead, and you feel sleepy, what do you resort to? Well, obviously coffee. Well, coffee contains caffeine which helps inhibit adenosine that puts your CNS to sleep.
And this increases the production of epinephrine which makes you feel active and thus offers the energy you need. However, ensure you go easy on how much caffeine you consume in a day because too much of it is bad for your health, causing headache, anxiety, constipation, severe acidity and heartburn, among other things.
6. Fatty fishes
Tuna and salmon (fatty fishes) are great sources of fatty acids, B vitamins, and proteins. And all this nutritious content can significantly boost your health.
Also, by consuming fatty fish, you can get your daily dose of Vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 fatty acids help treat the inflammation, which further helps reduce fatigue and gives you energy.
Avocados are literally known as a superfood for their various benefits. For instance, avocados are a rich source of B vitamins, fats, and fibers. And 84% of the total fats in avocados are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). These fats are healthy and improve nutrient absorption and carting as energy stores in your body.
Bananas are usually underrated. But they’re a natural source of instant energy. It’s the reason your gym trainer asks you to consume bananas before you exercise.
Bananas are a rich source of potassium, carbs, and vitamin B6. And all these elements help in improving your energy. So, make sure to include bananas in your daily diet for more energy.
With that said, let’s now look at some healthy supplements that can deliver your daily dose of energy.
1. Melts® Vegan Vitamin B12
Without ample Vitamin B12, you might feel tired all day long. Fortunately, Melts® Vegan Vitamin B12 won’t let this happen. The Melts oral thin strips come with:
- Vegan B12
All these ingredients can help you:
- Promote your cognitive health.
- Reduce tiredness.
- Improve nerve function.
- Improve heart health.
- Boost metabolism.
2. Melts® Instant Energy
If you’re in desperate need of instant energy to power through your day, Melts® Instant Energy is for you. It contains:
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B5
With all these ingredients, you can expect:
- Better endurance throughout the day.
- Relief from fatigue.
- Improved mental focus.
- Better fluid balance.
3. Daily Greens
Daily Greens is an all-in-one kind of energy supplement. It has everything your body needs to stay healthy every day. Here are the nutrients found in its ingredients:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
All these ingredients can help you:
- Relieve stress.
- Improve sugar levels.
- Increase oxygen level.
- Fight free radicals.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Protect your brain.
- Treat belly bloat.
- Support the immune system.
- Support bone health.
- Balance PH levels.
Now, if you were to obtain all those benefits, you might have to eat a bucket full of veggies. Fortunately, all these benefits and veggies come jam-packed in one tasty effervescent tablet.
Of course, you should go for natural foods that promote energy. However, procuring vegetables each day can be quite a task. It’s the reason we have included some reliable supplements from Wellbeing Nutrition. Each supplement is tested, clinically proven, tasty, and, most importantly, safe and effective.
So, if you wish to stay energetic each day, include the above supplements along with the healthy foods in your diet.
- Jimenez K, Kulnigg-Dabsch S, Gasche C. Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2015;11(4):241-250. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4836595/).
- Alminger M, Eklund-Jonsson C. Whole-grain cereal products based on a high-fibre barley or oat genotype lower post-prandial glucose and insulin responses in healthy humans. Eur J Nutr. 2008 Sep;47(6):294-300. doi: 10.1007/s00394-008-0724-9. Epub 2008 Jul 16. PMID: 18633670. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18633670/).
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Aguilera CM, Martin MV, Soto MJ, Rico MC, Vallejo F, Tomas-Barberan F, Perez-de-la-Cruz AJ, Gil A, Mesa MD. Normal or High Polyphenol Concentration in Orange Juice Affects Antioxidant Activity, Blood Pressure, and Body Weight in Obese or Overweight Adults. J Nutr. 2015 Aug;145(8):1808-16. doi: 10.3945/jn.115.213660. Epub 2015 Jul 1. PMID: 26136593. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26136593/).
- Ispoglou, T., Deighton, K., King, R.F. et al. Novel essential amino acid supplements enriched with L-leucine facilitate increased protein and energy intakes in older women: a randomised controlled trial. Nutr J 16, 75 (2017). (https://doi.org/10.1186/s12937-017-0298-6).
- Cappelletti S, Piacentino D, Sani G, Aromatario M. Caffeine: cognitive and physical performance enhancer or psychoactive drug? [published correction appears in Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13(4):554. Daria, Piacentino [corrected to Piacentino, Daria]]. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13(1):71-88. doi:10.2174/1570159X13666141210215655. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4462044/).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.