With the COVID-19 epidemic spread worldwide, it is most important to take care of yourself and boost your immunity now more than ever. Which is why you must consider incorporating Kadha into your daily diet.
So What exactly is Kadha?
Don’t most of us remember the warm blessing of a ginger-based concoction during a cold and cough…when fever or flu put an unwelcome break to our lives? These cures are all rooted in the science of Ayurveda. That is ‘Kadha’ which is considered to be one of the oldest and most potent forms of medicine for various ailments. Made with medicinal herbs and spices such as black pepper, coriander, ginger, basil, shankpushpi, Adulsa, and kalmegh protects and strengthens us from within, boost our immunity and help in fighting seasonal infections.
But, a lot of turn to ‘pill’ because life as we know it leaves little time to study the books of Ayurveda. Also preparing a kadha daily at home can be time taking, full of hassle, may require a lot of attention and painstakingly. Plus, Sourcing the right ingredients and its availability all the time at home might not be possible. But Due to busy schedule/COVID-19 lockdown, possibilities are that all spices especially fresh herbs and spices like basil, Amla, Ginger, etc. might not be available at your home all the time. Then what should we do in this situation?
Hmmm…. What if a kadha readily available all the time to rescue you? Yes, it is possible with ‘Grandma’s Kadha’. It gives you the same benefits of Kadha with convenient ready to use.
‘Grandma’s Kadha’ to the Rescue
With an intention to bring back holistic healing and health; reimagined the treasure trove of the Kadha in a convenient form so it can be a part of your daily self-care ritual.
Grandma’s Kadha is a time tested herbal Ayurvedic remedy for Cold, Cough, Congestion, Flu, Headache, Inflammation and infections. It is a unique blend of 13 potent Ayurvedic and Organic Herbs & Spices including Turmeric, Tulsi (Holy Basil), Mulethi, Coriander Black Pepper, Dry Ginger, and many more.
Grandma’s Kadha is not just limited to common household spices and herbs like black pepper, ginger, Amla, Turmeric and basil leaves but also has added the ancient and most powerful Ayurvedic adaptogenic (help in relieving stress) herbs such as Echinacea, Mulethi, Kulinjan, Adulsa leaves, Shankpushpi, Kalmegh and Bharangi which is commonly not added in homemade Kadha. The medicinal properties they contain are as follows:
- Echinacea: A flowering plant, used in Ayurveda as a popular herbal remedy for cold and cough. It is rich in antioxidants and linked to many health benefits, such as improve chronic fatigue syndrome, reduce anxiety, aids indigestion, reduces body aches Treats cold and cough, reduces inflammation, chronic pain, and swelling, boosts immunity and may lower blood sugar levels.
- Mulethi: is an immunity-booster, protects the body from microbes, pollutants, allergens, and cells that cause autoimmune diseases, prevent the risk of infections and allergies, and in turn boosting your immunity. It also boosts digestion, stimulates the bowel movements thus relieve constipation, stomach discomfort, heartburn, acidity, and other stomach problems.
- Kulinjan: It is widely used for sore throat, cold, cough, and erectile dysfunction as well. It is a warming herb used for anorexia, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting and hiccups, as well as for diarrhea due to internal cold.
- Adulsa leaves: has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. In Ayurveda, it is the most common home remedy for cough, respiratory diseases, and bleeding disorders.
- Amla: It is the richest source of Vitamin C (providing 600mg/100g) and a natural immunity-booster and has potent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer properties.
- Bharangi: This herb has anti-inflammatory properties and helpful in rheumatic conditions, gout, and joint pain. It is commonly used for treating health conditions like anorexia (loss of appetite), bronchial asthma, cough, fever, tubercular gland, hiccough, and skin diseases. Bharangi root is used to promotes appetite and very useful in cough, asthma, fever, and sinusitis. Its paste is applied on the forehead to relieve headaches and migraines.
- Shankhapushpi: helps to improve e brain functioning, memory, and intelligence. Also, it reduces mental fatigue, insomnia, stress, anxiety, and depression. It is also antioxidants properties and found to be extremely beneficial in improving digestion and treating abdominal discomforts such as abdominal pain, distension, ulcerative colitis, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Kalmegh: Because of its antibacterial nature, it is also very effective in treating malaria, dengue, and typhoid disease. It also serves as an immune-stimulant (immunity-booster) and relieves in sleeplessness, fever, nasal drainage, body ache, sore throat, and fever. Kalmegh is believed to boosts overall health, strength, vitality, and stamina, improves digestive function, treats chronic constipation, flatulence issue.
- Turmeric: As a powerful anti-inflammatory, it helps find inflammation, therefore, helping the body fight infections.
- Holy Basil Leaves (Tulsi): It has anti-bacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and immunity-booster properties, used in treating many infections and treating the wound and common cold and flu and relieve in its symptoms like congestion, coughs, sinusitis, sore throat, and similar ailments.
- Coriander seeds: rich in antioxidants, coriander seeds offer protection against cellular damage caused by free radicals. It has also anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective health benefits. It also acts as an immunity booster.
- Black Pepper: has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties. It increases the absorption of many nutrients (commonly seen in the supplement as absorption booster), promotes gut health, offers pain relief, improves the appetite, and may improve the brain function as well.
- Dry Ginger: treat many forms of nausea especially morning sickness in pregnancy, reduce the muscle pain and soreness, relieved in chronic indigestion, and reduces the menstrual pain as well. its anti-inflammatory properties fight the infections and naturally strengthen the immune function. It can help with osteoarthritis and protect against degenerative disease.
‘Grandma’s Kadha’ Health Benefits
- Instantly relieve in Sore throat and congestion.
- Relieve in cold symptoms such as headache, body pain, fever, runny nose, itchy throat, etc.
- Fights Flu and Infections, speed up the recovery and reduces the sickness time
- Reduces Inflammation
- Anti-viral and Anti-Bacterial properties
- Stimulates digestion and improves appetite.
- Provides advance Immunity Support and Immunity booster.
- It has Adaptogenic properties (help in stress management)
- Antioxidant properties (fights with free-radical damage)
Regular consumption can boost your immunity and provide quick relief from the early signs of sickness like a runny nose, itchy throat, body aches, and weakness and speed up the recovery and body healing. Plus, being adaptogenic in nature these herbs help you to cope with stress better.
The best part about this ‘Grandma’s kadha’ is that it doesn’t taste bitter as other remedies. It is actually tasty, a little spicy and tangy with ginger, Amla, and black pepper, and you start feeling better immediately.
It is also 100% organic and made up of natural Ayurvedic, healing ingredients, and does not contain any artificial flavours, color, or Preservatives.
Plus, it is also the best choice for calorie watchers as it does not contain unnecessary sugar and is sweetened with natural sweetener Stevia leaves. So, absolutely safe for diabetic and even for children also.
Being a time savior, simply mix 1 effervescent tablet of ’Grandma’s Kadha’ in hot water and enjoy all the goodness of these spices and herbs within seconds without any hassle!
A time tested Ayurvedic remedy for cold, cough, headache, and infections - ‘Kadha’ is a journey to return to your core self. It is simple and intrinsic to wholesome mental and physical health. Now available in an easy & convenient form, making Grandma’s Kadha a part of your daily self-care ritual will have numerous benefits leading to wholesome health benefits.