Kadha - An Elixir To Treat Summer Cold
It is a boiling-hot summer day. Your face is consumed with beads of sweat rolling down, and you have a runny nose, accompanied by bouts of cough and cold. Relatable? If not, you are quite lucky to have not been in this line of fire. If yes, you are not alone. To make matters worse, a summer cold generally lasts longer than one in the winters. Now, many have been in a similar situation and have racked their heads to find out the reason for the cause of this. Well, look no further!
What are the causes of a summer cold?
Many believe that a cold can only be caught on a rainy day or in the chilly winters, the latter being caused by rhinovirus. But, summers pose an equally irritable proposition here, known to be caused by both the rhinovirus as well as the respiratory enterovirus. While the former is known to be the cause for a runny nose, sneezing, or breathing difficulties, the latter is known to cause some severe seasonal cold symptoms.
How do I treat it?
There’s little that a hot cup of Grandma’s Kadha can’t cure. It is the perfect immunity booster you can ask for! The same goes for a summer cold as well. This seasonal remedy does a great job at keeping you healthy and refreshed, while boosting your immunity to optimum levels too. Furthermore, this magic drink helps prominently in the smooth functioning of your respiratory system. Keeping in mind that in these troubled pandemic-stricken times you need to boost your immunity levels more than ever, this elixir has all the qualities and more to keep you away from those irritating bouts of summer cold. Containing 13 medicinal herbs inspired by Ayurveda in one serving, this drink has natural antibiotic and immunity-boosting properties to prevent and ease early signs of cough, cold, headaches, body aches, and infection.
What are the additional benefits of this drink?
Along with counteracting the effects of the said viruses on a hot day in the summers, Kadha also helps in controlling diabetes, balancing cholesterol levels and regulating blood sugar levels. Along with this, it also aids in digestion by flushing out the toxins from our body.
How do I make this drink?
Now, the making of a traditional Kadha involves a process which would take around 15-20 minutes and sourcing some key ingredients for it to be optimally effective. But, alternatively, you can dip a Grandma’s Kadha water-soluble tablet in one glass of hot water, and you would not notice any difference whatsoever to the traditional method. Sounds like the comfortable option is clear to you, isn’t it?
All in all, two servings of this elixir-like drink everyday in the summer is everything you need to keep your immunity levels strong, and staying away from those questionable reactions to your bouts of the summer cold. So what are you waiting for? Make your hot cup today and experience a healthy lifestyle!
- To KKW, Yip CCY, Yuen KY. Rhinovirus - From bench to bedside. J Formos Med Assoc. 2017 Jul;116(7):496-504. doi: 10.1016/j.jfma.2017.04.009. Epub 2017 May 8. PMID: 28495415. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28495415/)
- Mukherjee PK, Harwansh RK, Bahadur S, Banerjee S, Kar A, Chanda J, Biswas S, Ahmmed SM, Katiyar CK. Development of Ayurveda - Tradition to trend. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017 Feb 2;197:10-24. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2016.09.024. Epub 2016 Sep 12. PMID: 27633405. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27633405/)
- Automation Of Kadha (Medicine) Preparation Process In Ayurveda Using Plc, Amol Makade, R. Thakare, Mrs.Warsha Kandlikar, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. (https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/AUTOMATION-OF-KADHA-(MEDICINE)-PREPARTION-PROCESS-Makade-Thakare/1f419c4e56867bacfd78b4187ec2a315c01e8284)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.