Nourish Your Mind, Not Just Your Body
Nourishing our mind and body is fundamental to living a happy and healthy life. It is something that needs to be followed every day and is vital in keeping our peace, sanity, and health intact. Nowadays, the idea of nutrition and well-being is easily misunderstood, overlooked, or completely forgotten about. Due to the hectic lives of people, there is always a rush to multitask – juggling work, side gigs, family, social circle, diet, exercise, and more things which leave us completely drained out. If any of these tasks aren’t fulfilled the way they were meant to, it leads to depression and anxiety. And with the current global scenario, courtesy the pandemic, it has become a massive challenge to nourish ourselves well.
So, if the above situation rings a bell and you are looking for ways to nourish your mind and body with correct nutrition, keep reading to find out the best tips to help you achieve so.
How Can You Nourish Your Mind and Body?
Most of us take a leap of faith and adhere to major lifestyle changes to get fitter, sometimes seeking holistic approaches without any correct knowledge of it.
So, to make the journey easier, we have compiled a few ways to make you rejuvenate your mind and body to lead a healthy life.
Prioritize Your Diet
Now, when we talk about diet, we seldom think about its impact on our mind because it’s food. So, it is natural to think about your body when we talk about diets. However, our diet not only impacts our body, it also affects our minds. We don’t realize the impact our diet has on our body and mind till it is too late or we are a step away from entering into the danger zone. You can in fact feel healthier and happier if you feed your mind and body with a nutritious and well-balanced diet.
According to a recent study, there is a proven connection between your body and the diet you follow. Certain dietary patterns reduce risks of non-communicable diseases ranging from cardiovascular disease to cancer. So, the next time you think of picking burgers and fries over a nutritious meal, think of the consequences first. Always remember to pick a healthy meal with lots of leafy vegetables, beans, legumes, fruits, and pulses, and you will surely start seeing a difference in yourself.
Besides, adding nutrition supplements to your diet will also enhance your nutrition intake. Nutrition Wellbeing’s Daily Greens can help you achieve this by providing you with 39 farm-fresh greens, veggies, and fruits – all in one. You can also try Wellbeing Nutrition’s Melts for Vegan Vitamin B12 and Natural Vitamin D3 a try as there’s ample research available stating the combined positive effects of the two micronutrients on mood, anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders.
Rest It Out
Similar to our bodies, our minds also work hard whenever we are awake. And it is a usual occurrence that people avoid breaks to finish a long task. But, while being diligent is a healthy habit, it should not come at the cost of your overall well-being. So, make sure you give yourself the much-needed break between long working hours to prevent burnout.
Along with following a well-balanced diet and a good fitness regimen, you still require those mini breaks to maximize your productivity levels. It might be tempting to do an all-nighter and finish pending tasks, but it will definitely take a toll on your mental and physical health, leading to an array of health issues.
Good quality sleep is said to positively impact our immune system and our overall well being- comprising both physical and mental health. As per research, a good night’s sleep can help enhance mental alertness, reduce the risk of weight gain, inflammation and cardiovascular diseases, strengthen immunity, lower mood swings, inspire increased productivity, among other things. If you are someone who struggles with sleep deprivation, then give Wellbeing Nutrition’s Deep Sleep Pack a try!
Be Active to Stay Active
Don’t be deceived by what we are trying to say here. Being active does not mean that you turn into a full-time fitness enthusiast, but it simply requires you to participate in physical activities. A recent study states that exercise has shown to reduce inflammation in the body and contributes to better health outcomes for people going through mood disorders. Enough said, isn’t it?
In fact, to give you the extra boost, you can also have Wellbeing Nutrition’s Super Energy Kit that delivers an instant energy lift whenever you need it.
In the end, everything you do or follow that benefits your mind and body will benefit every part of your soul. And for this, you must aim for a healthy mind, because an unhealthy mind will have a negative impact on your physical health too.
So, start with a healthy lifestyle right away!
- Cena H, Calder PC. Defining a Healthy Diet: Evidence for The Role of Contemporary Dietary Patterns in Health and Disease. Nutrients. 2020;12(2):334. Published 2020 Jan 27. doi:10.3390/nu12020334. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7071223/)
- Tufan AE, Bilici R, Usta G, Erdoğan A. Mood disorder with mixed, psychotic features due to vitamin b12 deficiency in an adolescent: case report. Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health. 2012;6(1):25. Published 2012 Jun 22. doi:10.1186/1753-2000-6-25. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404901/)
- Penckofer S, Kouba J, Byrn M, Estwing Ferrans C. Vitamin D and depression: where is all the sunshine?. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2010;31(6):385-393. doi:10.3109/01612840903437657. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908269/)
- Blasche G, Szabo B, Wagner-Menghin M, Ekmekcioglu C, Gollner E. Comparison of rest-break interventions during a mentally demanding task. Stress Health. 2018;34(5):629-638. doi:10.1002/smi.2830. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6585675/)
- Mikkelsen K, Stojanovska L, Polenakovic M, Bosevski M, Apostolopoulos V. Exercise and mental health. Maturitas. 2017 Dec;106:48-56. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2017.09.003. Epub 2017 Sep 7. PMID: 29150166. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29150166/)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.