Also, as it’s National Diabetes Month, we’ve listed some fantastic healthcare supplements that’ll protect you from the risk of diabetes. So, let’s begin.
What is Blood Sugar Level?The blood glucose level or sugar level is the amount of sugar/glucose in your blood. The blood glucose levels are measured in (mmol/l).
A good level, as per experts, lies between 4-8 mmol/l. This level increases when you consume food. It’s because when you consume food, your body converts the carbs in your food into sugar which reaches your blood flow. And when it does, the blood sugar level increases.
However, when you rest for the night and wake up in the morning, the blood sugar levels decrease. Let’s now understand why it is vital to keep blood sugar levels under control.
Why is it Important to Keep Blood Sugar Levels Under Control?Here’s why: To keep diabetes and the long-term complications that it brings under control.
Controlling blood sugar levels is important even for a normal person. And, for someone suffering from diabetes, it should be a priority. It’s because uncontrolled sugar levels might lead to some severe complications.
However, if during the first year of diagnosis, you keep the blood sugar levels under control, you can save yourself from the risk of:
● Eye Issues
● Kidney Problems
● High Blood Pressure
● Heart Attack
● Heart Failure
It’s the reason why keeping blood sugar levels under control is important.
Now that you know why it is important to keep blood sugar under control let’s learn how you can do that.
How to Control Blood Sugar Levels?Here are a few ways in which you can control blood sugar levels.
1. Exercise RegularlyRegular exercise helps maintain moderate weight and improves insulin sensitivity. With better insulin sensitivity, your body will be able to use sugar in your blood more appropriately. So, make sure to exercise regularly. You can start with brisk walking and slow cycling. And then, you can slowly increase the exercise intensity.
2. Limit Your Carb IntakeMore carbs mean more glucose(sugar) levels in your blood. And this is something you need to avoid.
Research says that a low-carb diet helps reduce blood sugar levels in the long run.
So, go for a low-carb diet. However, make sure your body gets at least the required amount of carbs a day.
3. Increase Fiber Intake
Fiber helps slow down sugar absorption and carb digestion. And this further slows down the rate of increase of blood sugar in the body.
What’s more, a fiber-rich diet helps deal with type 1 diabetes and regulates your body’s ability to absorb sugar. So, make sure to consume a fiber rich diet.
4. Consume Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a fantastic drink that is made using fermented apple juice. It’s quite good for your blood sugar levels. However, only a handful of apple cider vinegar products are reliable. And one such product is:
Apple Cider Vinegar from Wellbeing Nutrition
This Apple cider vinegar is made from Himalayan Red and Golden apples. It comes with 2x times “Mother” live cultures offering amazing benefits such as:
● Blood Sugar Level Regulation
● Protects you from the Risk of Diabetes
● Enhances Immunity
● Prevents Inflammation
● Relieves Cough and Sore Throat
● Helps with Weight Loss
● Promotes Heart Health
● Prevents Gas and Bloating
You can consume this ACV diluted in water regularly for the best results.
Another reliable Apple Cider Vinegar variant is:
Apple Cider Vinegar with Amla and Turmeric
Similar to the previous ACV variant, this one also helps regulate the blood sugar level, thereby protecting you from the risk of diabetes.
However, it also packs the goodness of turmeric, black pepper, amla, and cinnamon. All these ingredients exhibit antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial properties that are quite useful during winters.
5. Consume Fruits and VegetablesSome fruits and most vegetables have blood sugar-reducing properties. So, make sure to include 3-5 portions of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
However, if you find including veggies in your diet hard, you can go for Daily Greens.
Daily Greens comes with the goodness of 39 veggies right from the farm, along with antioxidant-rich foods. These ingredients can help you:
● Maintain Stable Blood Sugar Levels
● Reduce Inflammation
● Protect Your Cognitive Functions
● Lose Weight
● Enhance Bone Health
● Relieve Stress
● Detoxify your Body