World Health Day 2023: Celebrate the Day by Trying Out these Delicious Healthy Recipes!
World Health Day is celebrated on April 7th every year, and it is seen as an opportunity by the World Health Organization (WHO) to drive worldwide attention to the importance of global health.
During this time, the whole world joins hands to educate themselves and others on the importance of health, diseases, hygiene, and overall well-being. We are also reminded of how materialistic things don’t matter much and that your health is what you should be more concerned and vigilant about.
World Health Organization was founded in 1948, on the same day, with a mission to make good health accessible to everyone, regardless of who they are. The health concerns of the underprivileged population, including necessities like clean water, a hygienic environment, and medical healthcare, were thus addressed over the years. Recurring diseases like heart attacks and diabetes are tackled well today thanks to widespread awareness and various initiatives started to build a healthy society.
This year's theme for World Health Day takes us back to the actual mission of the WHO: Health for All. Whether you are a man or woman, young or old, you have the right to good nutrition, clean water, clean surroundings, knowledge, and access to professional healthcare.
You are What You Eat!
The post-pandemic world is more concerned than ever about adopting a healthy lifestyle. Governments are even preparing to face any adverse situations like the pandemic. Things are changing for good. While the government is taking measures, you all can also chip in a little to speed up this healthy change.
"I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you." Joyce Meyer
By looking out for our families and taking care of ourselves, every one of us can do our part to help create a healthy society. What you eat is where it all begins. For many individuals who live in poverty, eating nourishing food is a luxury. This World Health Day, we should be grateful for this luxury and make a commitment to eating healthier.
At Wellbeing Nutrition, we work to help our consumers make their health a priority every single day. We combine natural ingredients sourced from all across the globe with future-ready science and technology to develop products that help everyone, across all age groups. You've already taken the first step towards becoming a better version of yourself by deciding to read this post. Keep scrolling till the end to check out creative and healthy recipes that you can follow to improve your overall health and well-being.
Recipes For Kids: Easy, Tasty, and Healthy
For that family member who is jumping around everywhere, running after the dog, and creating a whole lot of mess, we have nutritious recipes that’ll help them stay energetic and ensure they meet their daily nutritional needs. The 2 dishes listed below are high in dietary fiber and protein, both of which will keep them energized and full for a long time and even eliminate those unwanted hunger pangs for junk food. Additionally, fiber is a great nutrient to have if your kid is facing issues with digestion. Protein is great for overall growth and development and also ensures proper body weight.
1. Pina Colada Sorbet
A chilled pina colada sorbet with the goodness of dietary fiber. For this sorbet, we are using the Daily Fiber | Pina Colada Flavor by Wellbeing Nutrition as a source of fiber. It contains both types of fibers- soluble and insoluble to meet the daily fiber requirement. These fiber supplements are entirely plant-based and contain no allergens, making them a perfect addition to your kid’s daily life.
- Daily Fiber by Wellbeing Nutrition - 1/2 sachet
- Chopped Pineapples - 1 bowl
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Chaat Masala - as per taste
- Grab a blender or mixer and add all the ingredients. Make sure you use only half a sachet of Daily Fiber for your kids.
- Blend all the ingredients into a slurry. We don’t want it to be too thick nor a running consistency. It should look like a thick milkshake. You can adjust the amount of water based on the consistency of your blend.
- Take a silicon mold and empty your mixture into it. Freeze it overnight.
- Remove the frozen mixture the next day and blend it again in a mixer.
- Scoop out the sorbet in a bowl. Decorate it as you like, and your refreshing Pineapple Sorbet is ready. You can add some chia seeds to your sorbet bowl to make it healthier and add a different texture.
- Pineapple is a fantastic antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress
- Pineapples also contain a digestive enzyme called bromelain which helps digest protein.
- Daily Fiber contains FOS- Fructo-oligosaccharides which are sweeteners that don’t add any calories. These are primarily prebiotic fibers that will enhance digestion and balance the gut flora.
- Regularizes bowel function.
2. Chickpea Fritters
Everyone is aware that chickpeas are a great source of protein, but did you know these small white beans house a plethora of other nutrients like fats, carbs, manganese, folate, zinc, phosphorous, Vitamin B6, and more? It is also a good source of fiber, thus keeping you full for a long time. Plus, it’s a healthy snack your kids will love.
- Boiled Chickpeas - 1 bowl
- Red Bell Pepper - ½ bowl - diced
- Onions or Shallots - ½ bowl - diced
- Carrots - ½ bowl - grated
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Grated ginger
- Lemon Peel
- Spices - Garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, pepper
- 1 egg
- Plain Flour - 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander - finely chopped
- Salt and oil
- Get a bowl and mix the first 3 ingredients. Squeeze out all the excess water from the carrots and add it to the mixture as well.
- Put your boiled chickpeas in a mixer and coarse-grind them. We don’t want to make a paste out of it. It needs to have some granules.
- Add these granulated chickpeas to the bowl along with the spices, salt, and chopped coriander. Mix well.
- Break one egg and add it to the mixture.
- Sieve the flour and add it to the mixture. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Shape this mixture into any form you like. You can shape it with your hands or use a cookie cutter. If it's not forming a shape, you can add more flour or breadcrumbs. Adding bread crumbs can make your Fritters extra crispy.
- Shallow fry it on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or mayonnaise.
- Chickpeas have a low glycemic index, hence preventing your blood sugar level from rising.
- Protein in Chickpeas keeps your energy levels high.
- It will keep kids full for a long time.
- Chickpeas are also rich in fiber which helps prevent constipation.
Recipes For Adults: To Keep You Going All Day
For all busy adults trying to make a healthier switch while striking a work-life balance, we have 2 simple, quick, and lip-smacking recipes that are convenient and nutritious.
1. Berry Blast Protein Smoothie
This berry blast smoothie is a perfect breakfast recipe for busy individuals. Don’t have time to cook in the morning? No worries. You just need to blend a few ingredients here, and your protein-rich breakfast smoothie will be ready.
We are using Superfood Plant Protein by Wellbeing Nutrition. It is a vegan protein powder with a blend of European peas, Brown Rice Protein, chia seeds, and superfoods like Spirulina, Chlorella, and Moringa. We’re using the French Vanilla flavor but you can also try British Banoffee Pie. Both these flavors will work incredibly well with berries.
- Milk - 1 cup
- Superfood Plant Protein- French Vanilla flavor - 1 Scoop
- Frozen berries- Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry- ½ cup each
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until you get a smooth and consistent texture.
- Build more lean muscle mass
- Blue spirulina in Superfood Plant Protein helps prevent inflammation and promotes muscle recovery.
- Manage your weight effectively
- Improves your immune system as well as digestion
2. Rainbow Salad
This is going to be a fun and nourishing salad. You don’t need to be a cook to make this salad, as long as you know how to chop veggies. We are using different colors of veggies to give it a rainbow-like effect. The veggies that we are including in this salad are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. For the salad dressing, we are going for the classic ACV dressing. It’ll add a nice sweet and tangy taste while also allowing you to enjoy its benefits. ACV is renowned for its ability to fix gut health, aid weight management, and improve skin and hair health.
- Red Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Cabbage
- Spring Onion
- Nuts of your choice- about a handful
- Mind and coriander
For Salad dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Gijon Mustard
- Lemon if required
- In a big bowl, mix all your veggies.
- Mix all the ingredients listed for salad dressing in a jar and shake it well for a minute.
- Add the dressing to the bowl of veggies
- Mix. Mix. Mix. You are done!
- The veggies used are rich in carotenoids, which reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, and eye diseases.
- Antioxidants keep your oxidative stress low
- ACV helps remove acne and makes your skin healthier
- ACV also boosts metabolism and improves gut health
- Builds stronger immunity
Recipes For Seniors: Nutritious & Light On The Body
As we grow older, our body becomes less efficient at carrying out various functions. For example, most older adults face digestion issues, and their bones also get weaker. Their stomachs cannot handle heavy meals, so they need dishes that are light but also packed with nutrients. These 2 recipes are all you need to add a little fun to your daily meal while also focusing on the required nutrients.
1. Ragi Dosa
Millets are one thing that we have been bestowed with. Ragi is a millet crop that is commonly eaten in South India. It is a brilliant ingredient with high dietary fiber and calcium content. It also helps manage the blood sugar level, making it a must-have food item for diabetics. This ragi dosa is absolutely delicious, and you can have it with chutney or replace it with roti/rice for your lunch and dinner.
- Ragi flour - ¾ cup
- Wheat flour - ¼ cup
- Semolina - 2-3 tbsp
- Curd- 1 spoon
- Your favorite veggies- finely chopped
- Green Chilies - finely chopped
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Salt and water
- Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add the water and keep stirring till you reach the desired consistency. It should not be too watery or too pasty.
- On a frying pan, put some oil and pour your batter to make dosa.
- Cook it well on both sides. If you like your dosa crispy, cook it longer.
- Serve it with your favorite chutney or dipping sauce.
- Methionine and Lysine in Ragi prevent wrinkles
- Antioxidants prevent cell damage
- Ragi is rich in fiber, thus helping you regulate your bowel movements
- Ragi is also a good source of calcium, which improves your bone health.
2. Overnight Oats Pudding
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast that gives you the energy to keep you going the entire day, this overnight oatmeal pudding is all you need. Oats are a good source of fiber and carbohydrates. It gives you energy and also helps you improve your digestion and satiety. Additionally, you can add Superfood Plant Protein by Wellbeing Nutrition as a source of protein. One scoop of this flavored protein powder has enough protein to help you gain energy and build stronger muscles.
- Whole rolled oats - 1 cup
- Superfood Plant Protein - 1 scoop
- Milk of your choice - 1 cup
- Greek Yogurt (optional) - 1 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- Take a jar that comes with a lid because we want to keep this overnight.
- Add all the ingredients to the jar. The Superfood Plant Protein comes in delicious flavors. The Italian Cafe Mocha, Dark Chocolate Hazelnut, and British Banoffee Pie would go especially well with this pudding. Choose your flavor and add only one scoop of it.
- Mix it with a spoon, or close the lid and shake it a little.
- Keep this jar in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, take out this jar and add your favorite toppings. You can put a layer of jam, peanut butter, or melted dark chocolate on top as well. Make sure there are some fresh fruits or berries on top and, of course, some nuts.
- The fiber in oats improves digestion
- Superfood Plant Protein helps maintain your body weight, build lean muscle mass, and give you more energy throughout the day.
- Greek Yogurt is a good source of iodine, which is needed to regulate thyroid function.
Greenicious Recipes For Vegans
When it comes to proteins, vegans have very limited choices. They also refrain from using animal-based products like milk and curd. With so many restrictions, one might think that vegans can never enjoy tasty food and get all the necessary nutrients. Contrary to popular belief, vegan dishes can deliver on both taste and nutrition. Here are 2 incredible vegan breakfast recipes that you’ll want to try.
1. Scrambled Tofu
Scrambled eggs and toast are a classic breakfast dish. For the vegan version of it, we are using tofu as the main source of protein. Tofu is a very versatile ingredient that absorbs the flavors and aromas of spices easily. Moreover, based on how you break it, you can make it look exactly like meat. Do you know what tofu is made of? Soybean curds are used to create tofu, making it a low-calorie protein that is also gluten-free. Additionally, it is a great source of calcium and iron and has zero cholesterol.
- Tahini - 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder - as per taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ spoon
- Red chili powder- as per taste
- Pepper - as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Plant milk of your choice
- Start by mixing the tahini and all the spices in a bowl. Then, to make a thin slurry, add the liquid to the milk.
- Grab a pan, and add some oil to it.
- Now you’ll need a log of tofu. Break it using your hands so that it looks like scrambled eggs, and add it to the pan.
- Once the tofu cooks to a nice golden brown color, add the slurry we made earlier and cook it until there is no liquid left.
- After a few minutes, your juicy and tasty scrambled tofu will be ready to serve.
- To serve, grab a slice of toasted bread and spread a sauce of your choice on it.
- Place some of the scrambled tofu on top. Sprinkle some chili flakes and pepper on top and take a bite.
- Isoflavones in tofu have cardio-protective and anti-cancer properties. Additionally, they help reduce menopausal symptoms.
- It keeps you full for a long time, thus helping you reduce your weight
- Tofu can also help you reduce the risk of heart disease
- To get their daily dose of proteins, vegans can also opt for Superfood Plant Protein which is rich in plant-based ingredients and digestive enzymes. Best of all, it comes in 4 delicious flavors.
2. Vegan Pancakes with Apple Cinnamon
Alright! Our second recipe is classic pancakes, but vegan and topped with cinnamon-coated apples. Pancakes are the most comforting food ever, and vegans should have that joy too. To make these pancakes extra special, we are adding a scoop of Superfood Plant Protein. Choose from the incredibly delicious flavors available and give your pancakes a taste like never before.
- Flour- 75g
- Superfood Plant Protein - 1 scoop
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Vegan Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Plant milk - as required
- Sugar or stevia - as per taste
For Cinnamon Apples
- Apple - 1 - chopped
- Vegan Butter - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Take a bowl and add some flour to it.
- Next, add baking powder, Superfood Plant Protein, sugar, vegan yogurt, and plant milk. Adjust the quantity of milk till you get a nice, thick pancake batter.
- Take a pan, and once it is hot, pour your pancake batter on it. We don’t want to spread the mixture like a dosa. Just pour it and let it cook on one side.
- Flip it and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once both sides are golden brown, you can put them on a plate. Prepare a few more of these.
- For Apple Cinnamon - use a saucepan and add some butter to it. Toss your chopped apples and add cinnamon powder to them. Let it cook for a few minutes. You can also add maple syrup to make them sweeter.
- The assembly - Stack your pancakes one over the other. Place some apple cinnamon on top. If you want, you can drizzle some maple syrup if you want to make it sweet.
- Apples provide your body with essential polyphenols that improve your cardiovascular health.
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial, antifungal, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Superfood Plant Protein helps you manage your weight
- Plant protein also helps in preventing premature aging
Healthy Quick Snacks
You are getting late but are also hungry. Some quick, filling bites are all you need to start your day. Here’s a quick treat that you can pop into your mouth when you’re getting late. It can even be a healthy alternative to curb those mid-meal cravings.
1. Protein Bars
We are making delicious protein bars with Superfood Protein Powder. We are using the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut flavor, but you can choose your favorite from all the incredible flavors.
- Oats - 2 cups
- Mixed seeds and nuts - 1 tbsp
- Superfood Plant Protein - 2 scoops
- Peanut butter - 2 tbsp
- Milk of your choice - ½ cup
- Maple syrup - 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, milk, and maple syrup. You can use any other sweetener if needed. Now keep this mixture aside.
- Grab an oven-safe tray. Add all the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix it all well.
- Spread the mixture evenly and bake it for 25–30 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, you cut it into small pieces or big bites.
- Store them in airtight containers and grab one whenever your stomach calls for some treats.
- Manage your weight effectively
- Keeps you full for a long time
- Helps build lean muscle mass
- Boosts metabolism
This World Health Day, start your health journey by trying the above-given recipes. You can go the extra mile and add supplements to your daily diet to ensure that your body is getting all the necessary nutrients it needs. ‘Cause let’s face it: diet alone is not enough to bridge the nutritional gap.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.