Your immune system is your defense against foreign particles like pathogens. And this is why you need to make sure that your immune system is strong. But how can you do that? Below, we’ll help you with some immunity-boosting food combinations that are really effective. Also, there’s a superb supplement that you’ll find in the end. So, if you’re ready, let’s begin.
Best immunity-boosting foods or food combinations that actually work
Sometimes it is not just about including the right immunity-boosting foods to your diet but also how you can combine them to get the best results. Let us look at some of these combinations below.
Citrus fruits along with red bell peppers
Citrus fruits like oranges are naturally rich in Vitamin C, which supports your immune system. Vitamin C can really help you prevent certain infections if you consume 200mg per day. Any more amount of Vitamin C will be excreted by the body automatically. Here’s what you can consume:
- Medium orange which can provide 70 mg of Vitamin C.
- Grapefruit which can provide 90 mg of Vitamin C.
- Red bell pepper can provide 150 mg of Vitamin C.
You can combine the above foods to boost the immune system.
Sunflower seeds along with almonds
Vitamin E, similar to Vitamin C, plays an important role in boosting immunity. It’s a fat-soluble vitamin that can help your body fight bacteria and viruses effectively.
Here’s what you can consume:
- An ounce/quarter cup of sunflower seeds can provide half of the required Vitamin E.
- A quarter cup of almonds can provide 45% of the required Vitamin E.
You can whip almond butter and sunflower into smoothies for a good taste.
Sweet potato along with carrots
Carrots and sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene, which is a Vitamin A precursor. This beta carotene helps in WBC production, which fights viruses and bacteria. Beta carotene also helps in producing mucous membranes that line the respiratory tract. This way, it can help you keep the germs out of your body.
Here’s what you can consume:
- A baked potato that can offer 150% of the total required amount of Vitamin A.
- A cup of raw carrots can offer over 150% of the total required amount of Vitamin A.
You can put toppings of seeds or nuts on a baked potato. Or you can munch raw carrots with dips like tahini or nut butter.
Green veggies come packed with several nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and folate, etc. You can also find several anti-inflammatory antioxidants which boost your immunity. Furthermore, green veggies help improve your gut which contains 70-80% of the total immune cells. All this pours down to the fact that green veggies have an important role to play in your immunity.
You can blend green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale into a smoothie. Or you can add some turmeric, black pepper, tomato to the green leafy vegetables and prepare a soup.
Pomegranate juice is known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity. This juice in its pure form has flavonoid oxidants that help fight viruses and also reduce the tenure of cold by up to 40%. You can simply consume pomegranate juice or add chamomile tea, or even make smoothies.
Do you have to consume all of the above for improving immunity?
Although natural sources like the ones above are recommended by doctors, still it sometimes isn’t feasible. After all, you cannot buy carrots or pomegranates in every season. Also, some people don’t find green leafy vegetables very palatable and refrain from consuming them. So, what’s the alternative then?
What is Daily Greens?
Daily Greens is a natural plant supplement that contains 39 farm-fresh vegetables, antioxidant-rich foods, and fruits. This supplement offers you whole nutrition and offers amazing benefits like improving immunity. Here are the ingredients Of Daily Greens:
- Oranges for Vitamin C
- Milk Vitamin B12
- Asparagus for Vitamin B3
- Lima beans for Vitamin B6
- Spinach for Iron
- Oats for Fibre
- Carrots for Zinc
- Broccoli for Vitamin B5
All of the above ingredients come packed in a tasty effervescent tablet of Daily Greens. Here are the benefits of consuming Daily Greens:
- Supports your immune system
- Better gut which means better immunity.
- Better sugar level balance.
- Less free radicals.
- Better protection for the brain.
- Better bone strength.
- Helps your skin glow.
You can see that along with offering immunity, Daily Greens brings along several other benefits such as the ones mentioned above. You can get all this in a tablet that is easy to consume, tasty, affordable, and completely safe.
You can go for several food combinations to boost your immune system. However, this isn’t possible for everyone because of several factors like availability, cost, taste, etc. And this is where Daily Greens comes into the picture: a simple, tasty, effective supplement that improves your immunity and also gives your body the nutrients it needs. So, buy your pack of Daily Greens now.
- Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017;9(11):1211. Published 2017 Nov 3. doi:10.3390/nu9111211. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/).
- Vighi G, Marcucci F, Sensi L, Di Cara G, Frati F. Allergy and the gastrointestinal system. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;153 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):3-6. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2249.2008. 03713.x. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2515351/).
- Howell AB, D'Souza DH. The pomegranate: effects on bacteria and viruses that influence human health. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013:606212. doi:10.1155/2013/606212. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671682/).
- Somerville VS, Braakhuis AJ, Hopkins WG. Effect of Flavonoids on Upper Respiratory Tract Infections and Immune Function: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Adv Nutr. 2016;7(3):488-497. Published 2016 May 16. doi:10.3945/an.115.010538. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4863266/).