Get that Winter Glow With Apple Cider Vinegar!
Winters have each one of us desiring (realistically unattainable) hydrated and glowing skin. With the chilly, winter breeze working against you, it may seem impossible to achieve those skin goals. But, don’t you worry! Here’s a magic ingredient that is sure to take care of all your winter skincare needs - Apple Cider Vinegar!
Owing to the harshness of the weather on your skin, Apple Cider Vinegar in winter is highly recommended. ACV comes with many skin benefits as it is rich in acetic, citric, malic and amino acids, vitamins, enzymes and salts, which are truly beneficial for your skin.
Here are 5 easy tips to get healthy skin- one that glows radiantly this winter with ACV!
1. Use ACV as a moisturizer
Owing to the many wonderful properties that ACV contains, it delivers tonnes of moisture to your skin. It also enhances the skin texture and is highly suitable for oily and sensitive skin.
How to use:
- Take a small amount of ACV.
- Dot and massage thoroughly all over your face and neck.
- Use twice daily for best results.
2. Use ACV as an exfoliator
One of the best ways to use apple cider vinegar for skin in winter is by using it as an exfoliator. ACV is known to soothe your skin as well as remove the dead skin, making way for healthy new skin cells.
How To Use:
- Pour a few drops of ACV in a bathtub.
- Let the acid soak into your skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Follow this routine to maintain and balance the pH levels of your skin.
3. Use ACV for acne
Struggling from acne? Keep an apple cider vinegar bottle handy! Owing to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, using apple cider vinegar in cold weather helps keep your skin bacteria, oil, and dust free. This helps in avoiding and treating any kind of skin concerns!
How To Use:
- Mix raw ACV with some water in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply daily to witness results.
4. Use ACV as a skin toner
ACV contains astringent properties that help in creating a smooth, continuous blood flow to the skin. It also regulates skin’s pH levels and also minimizes the pores (especially for those with oily skin).
How To Use:
- Mix ACV with filtered water.
- Apply the solution on your skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for a few minutes, and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Use it once daily to witness results.
5. Use ACV to fight wrinkles
With the help of its powerful acids, ACV removes dead skin and makes way for healthy and radiant skin. It also helps in removing age spots and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles if used regularly.
How to use:
- Dab some ACV on a cotton ball and apply it directly on the age spots and wrinkles.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Follow this routine twice daily for 6 weeks to see the difference.
- 101 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
Soothe an Upset Stomach, Get More Energy, Wash Out Cat Urine and 98 More!, Susan Branson, (https://www.google.co.in/books/edition/101_Amazing_Uses_for_Apple_Cider_Vinegar/)
- Spa Bodywork: A Guide for Massage Therapists, Anne Eleanor Williams · 2007, (https://www.google.co.in/books/edition/Spa_Bodywork/eQw3xLpH28cC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=apple+cider+exfoliate&pg=PA102&printsec=frontcover)
- 5 Home Remedies For A Dark Neck: Make Your Skin Tone Even!, (https://food.ndtv.com/beauty/5-home-remedies-for-a-dark-neck-make-your-skin-tone-even-1812774)
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Melissa L Hunter, Rebecca Hoover, DOI:10.21019/druginformation.apple_cider_vinegarCorpus ID: 191887831, (https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Hunter-Hoover/7d6c83f623f6ebb17936dea7362a1bf921c61bbc#paper-header)
- Non-Toxic Skin Toner Recipe with Apple Cider Vinegar, Sarah Shilhavy · 2014, (https://www.google.co.in/books/edition/Non_Toxic_Skin_Toner_Recipe_with_Apple_C/HpDVBAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=apple+cider+toner&pg=PP4&printsec=frontcover)
- Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System, Dr. Paul C Bragg, (https://www.google.co.in/books/edition/Apple_Cider_Vinegar_Miracle_Health_Syste/w85IJeGVcVkC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=apple+cider+wrinkles&pg=PT17&printsec=frontcover)