Six Things You Did Not Know About Suntheanine®
Suntheanine® is a high-purity, L-isomer form of the amino acid theanine (>98% pure L-Theanine). It has been around for centuries and is highly known for its ability to boost brain function, alertness, focus and concentration (without drowsiness) and promote a relaxed, yet alert state.
It was developed initially to reduce anxiety in patients taking antidepressants but has also been known to improve the quality of sleep and reduce stress. What's more, helps to relax, balance blood sugar levels, and build the brain.
Let's deep dive into the health benefits you probably didn't low about Suntheanine®.
6 Lesser Known Benefits of Suntheanine®
1. Suntheanine® Is the key component of Oolong Tea and Green Tea
L-Theanine is the most potent nootropic compound which is found in Oolong Tea and Green Tea. A branded version of L-theanine called Suntheanine® is created utilizing a patented process that resembles the profile of green tea. It is an improved version of L-theanine that can provide all its advantages while being around ten times more potent than herbal supplements or over-the-counter drugs such as valerian root, kava kava, and chamomile extract.
Since Suntheanine® is a concentrated form that is highly bioavailable, you can be sure to always receive the most significant advantages from it.
2. Suntheanine® Is Great For Relaxation and Stress Relief
Suntheanine® is an amino acid found in green tea leaves. It is a natural sedative that balances the brain's serotonin and dopamine levels. The benefits of Suntheanine® have been known for years—it helps people with anxiety and depression by relieving stress and reducing stress hormones like cortisol. It can also be used to help you relax after a long day at work or school! It can help you feel more relaxed, less stressed, and less anxious when taken before bedtime or at work. It can work as an ideal anxiety aid.
Combining this ingredient with other types of foods like dark chocolate or mint teas may even help reduce stress levels even further!
3. Suntheanine® Enhances Brain Health
Suntheanine® has been used to treat anxiety and depression for centuries, but recent research has shown that it can help improve mental health. So, if you want to enhance your cognitive function, memory, and learning skills, consuming Suntheanine® could help. It helps improve focus and attention by improving blood flow and increasing oxygen levels in the brain.
It stimulates activity in the brain known as alpha waves, which are associated with a relaxed but alert mental state.
What's more, it is ideal to use Suntheanine® with other brain-boosting vitamins because it works best when combined with other nootropics like Bacopa Monnieri, Panax Ginseng, etc.
4. Suntheanine® is a Natural Sleep Aid
Suntheanine® is a calming amino acid that helps with sleep. It's found in the leaves of various teas, such as green and white tea. Unlike conventional sleep inducers, Suntheanine® is not a sedative (which often make people feel groggy and tired in the morning) but promotes good quality of sleep so you can feel refreshed and rejuvenated in the morning.
In one study, researchers discovered that L-theanine doses of 250 mg and 400 mg significantly enhanced sleep. So, you can count on it for a deeply relaxing downtime!
5. Suntheanine® May Help with Weight Loss
Stress tend to increase craving for sugary and high-calorie foods. In stress, the body demands something that brings pleasure and releases serotonin to light up the mood. Such things can be sweet treats. This temporary habit can start a cycle of guilt and bingeing.
Suntheanine® can help suppress your appetite. If your goal is weight loss, this amino acid will help you curb your cravings and hunger and help focus on adhering to the calorie deficit diet
6. Suntheanine® May Help Balance Blood Sugar Levels
Suntheanine® may help regulate & balance blood sugar levels and may help with insulin sensitivity & diabetes, a condition wherein your body does not use insulin properly and cannot regulate its glucose (sugar) levels. It can lead to heart diseases, blood pressure, and kidney problems.
With the help of a balanced dosage of Suntheanine® in your everyday diet, you can improve your mental health and alert your mental state. And that can be possible with the help of a well-formulated Suntheanine® supplement like Melts Calm & Relaxation. Let us read in detail.
What is Melts Calm & Relaxation, and How is it Beneficial?
Wellbeing Nutrition is nature’s way of giving you melts® into Calm & Relaxation - a mind-relaxing support when stress and anxiety get the best of you. Melts Calm & Relaxation is 100% clinically validated 5-in-1 calm and stress support with Suntheanine and other plant based bioactive ingredients. It helps you improve your mental health and sleep quality and reduce anxiety, along with keeping you alert and attentive.
Some of the other added ingredients are: -
Magnesium - It activates neurotransmitters that help you relax and calm you down.
Saffron – Another wonderful ingredient that increases your dopamine levels
Lemon Balm and Chamomile – These two ingredients help you fight stress and relax.
This mango flavored Melts instantly dissolves on your tongue and do not leave any bad aftertaste. Melts Calms & Relaxation is ideal if you are looking for to reduce cortisol, to uplift mood, to relieve stress & anxiety, want to fight fatigue & boost energy levels, want to improve mental focus, and want vitamins for nervousness.
In addition to being a fantastic source of L-Theanine, Suntheanine® is a healthy way to unwind & stabilize your mood and improve memory loss, anxiety, and sleep disorders. So, if you want to experience these benefits, get your hands on Melts Calm & Relaxation, which comes with Suntheanine® along with several other relaxing and stress relieving ingredients.
1. Boros K, Jedlinszki N, Csupor D. Theanine and Caffeine Content of Infusions Prepared from Commercial Tea Samples. Pharmacogn Mag. 2016 Jan-Mar;12(45):75-9. doi: 10.4103/0973-1296.176061. PMID: 27019564; PMCID: PMC4787341. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4787341/
2. Lyon MR, Kapoor MP, Juneja LR. The effects of L-theanine (Suntheanine®®) on objective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):348-54. PMID: 22214254. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22214254/
3. Hidese S, Ogawa S, Ota M, Ishida I, Yasukawa Z, Ozeki M, Kunugi H. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019 Oct 3;11(10):2362. doi: 10.3390/nu11102362. PMID: 31623400; PMCID: PMC6836118. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6836118/
4. Hidese S, Ogawa S, Ota M, Ishida I, Yasukawa Z, Ozeki M, Kunugi H. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019 Oct 3;11(10):2362. doi: 10.3390/nu11102362. PMID: 31623400; PMCID: PMC6836118. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6836118/
5. Hidese S, Ogawa S, Ota M, Ishida I, Yasukawa Z, Ozeki M, Kunugi H. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019 Oct 3;11(10):2362. doi: 10.3390/nu11102362. PMID: 31623400; PMCID: PMC6836118. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6836118/
6. Nunes AR, Alves MG, Moreira PI, Oliveira PF, Silva BM. Can Tea Consumption be a Safe and Effective Therapy Against Diabetes Mellitus-Induced Neurodegeneration? Curr Neuropharmacol. 2014 Dec;12(6):475-89. doi: 10.2174/1570159X13666141204220539. PMID: 25977676; PMCID: PMC4428023. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4428023/
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.