Well, this is what the blog is all about. Below, you'll find simple yet effective home remedies for winters to fight all of the above issues. So, let's get started.
5 Ways You Can Maintain Good Health During WintersLet’s look at some of the quick ways of maintaining good health during winters.
1. Physical WorkoutSitting at home under a warm blanket with a cup of tea might sound good. However, it doesn’t do much to improve one’s immunity. Just like any other season, you need to do some physical workout. Even light yoga would do. Its' because physical exercise keeps you warm and increases your body's immunity against various infections and diseases such as COVID-19. Also, regular exercise helps in better digestion and keeps you in better shape..
2. Consume Fruits and Vegetables and MeatWinters can be quite tempting. You might want to go outside and eat a sizzling hot fast-food dish. But instead, you should focus on fruits and vegetables. After all, when have fruits and vegetables ever been harmful?
You can go for carrots, turnips, sweet lime, apples, oranges, etc. Also, make sure to consume vitamin C-rich fruits for enhancing your immune system.
If you can, you must go for meat too, preferably lean meat. Meat helps your body stay warm even when it's freezing cold outside. It's because the body produces more heat to digest meat, which keeps you warm.
3. Vitamin DDuring the winters, we always want to snug into our beds. But this deprives us of our only natural source of Vitamin D: the sun. So, if you don't already go out in the sun, you better should. Around fifteen minutes each day would be more than enough.
This will help your body relax and relieve congestion. Also, Vitamin D is known to positively impact immunity, which is quite needed during the winters. However, if you are not able to expose yourself to enough sunlight, ensure you include vitamin D supplements to your diet. Go for Wellbeing Nutrition’s Natural Vitamin D3 supplements that come in the form of oral thin strips, which combine plant extracts with nano technology. The sublingual delivery that these strips embody ensures better absorption and bioavailability.
4. Drink MilkDairy products like yogurt, cheese, and milk are a rich source of:
● Vitamin A
● Vitamin B12
Also, consuming milk helps reduce the chances of asthma, respiratory infections, and allergies. So, make sure to consume warm milk with some powdered turmeric daily.
5. Good SleepSleep is quite underrated, but it's capable of doing wonders. A good night's sleep can keep you feeling energetic all day long. And if you sleep poorly, you'll end up feeling groggy. Also, ample sleep helps the body repair and keep the immune system stable.
So, make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep each day. Also, make sure that you sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. This will help improve the circadian rhythm of your body. You can try out Wellbeing Nutrition’s Restful Sleep Melts to assist you in getting uninterrupted sleep, particularly if you have a sleep disorder.
6. Bonus: Health SupplementsIf you cannot follow a strict diet plan, there's another solution: Health Supplements. Here are some of the best supplements in the market:
● Grandma's Kadha
Grandma's Kadha comes with 13 herbs with medicinal properties. It's specifically meant for fighting infections, easing cold, cough, sore throat and boosting the immune system. This supplement is completely natural, has no side effects, and is a great winter buddy.
● Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is great if you're suffering from a sore throat. You just need to gargle with ACV in lukewarm water for an instant relief. It's made from fresh fermented apple juice and is also natural and safe.
● Apple Cider Vinegar with Amla and Turmeric
This ACV comes with turmeric, black pepper, and cinnamon. These spices are known for their immunity-boosting properties and have been used as excellent home remedies to treat cold, cough, and any other health-related woes triggered by seasonal allergies.
Also, these spices along with amla act as powerful anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory agents and immunity boosters.
● Melts Throat Relief
Melts Throat Relief is a tasty oral strip known for clearing nasal airways, soothing your throat, and relieving throat pain. So, if you want to protect your throat against cold, make sure to purchase Melts Throat Relief.
The supplements given above are from Wellbeing Nutrition and clinically tested and tried against fighting infections. Also, all of them are safe and quite affordable. So, if you want wholesome protection during winters, purchase any or all of them.
Wrapping UpEach year, because of pollution, winters become more smoggy. And as the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t left us entirely, the risk of infection is even higher. So, make sure to always take the necessary precautions and follow the simple tips listed above.
Also, include the given supplements in your daily diet to ensure better immunity and relief against cold, cough, and sore throat.
▪ da Silveira MP, da Silva Fagundes KK, Bizuti MR, Starck É, Rossi RC, de Resende E Silva DT. Physical exercise as a tool to help the immune system against COVID-19: an integrative review of the current literature. Clin Exp Med. 2021;21(1):15-28. doi:10.1007/s10238-020-00650-3 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7387807/).
▪ Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017 Nov 3;9(11):1211. doi: 10.3390/nu9111211. PMID: 29099763; PMCID: PMC5707683. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/).
▪ Perdijk O, van Splunter M, Savelkoul HFJ, Brugman S, van Neerven RJJ. Cow's Milk and Immune Function in the Respiratory Tract: Potential Mechanisms. Front Immunol. 2018;9:143. Published 2018 Feb 12. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2018.00143. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5816034/).