What Exactly Are Superfoods and Why Are They Vital?
In today’s day and age, it takes a lot of mindfulness to lead a healthy life. And eating a nutritious diet rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants is one of the most vital parts of leading a healthy lifestyle. There’s a lot of scientific evidence that suggests how eating nutrient-dense foods helps you look and feel better, whilst plugging in all nutrient gaps and deficiencies to reduce the risk of developing infections and chronic diseases in the long run. “Superfoods” are foods that are nutrient-dense, which must feature in your regular diet to make you look and feel great and lead longer and healthier lives. But how can you incorporate them into your daily life? How are they vital in proteins? Is Wellbeing Nutrition’s Superfood Plant Protein a perfect way of including the same in your diet? Let’s read along to find out!
What Are Superfoods?
If one were to go by the definition of the Oxford English Dictionary, superfoods are defined as “nutrient-rich foods considered to be particularly beneficial for health and wellbeing.” Generally speaking, superfoods are referred to as nutrient-dense foods such as fruits and vegetables, nuts, and seeds, which are loaded with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, and phytonutrients.
How Do Superfoods Help The Body?
Superfoods help the body in the following ways:
- Superfoods are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They contain high amounts of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and flavonoids that plug in deficiencies and offset free radical activity in the body.
- They help to detoxify the body from toxins.
- They strengthen the immune system
- They ward off infections and diseases and keep you healthier.
- If superfoods are made a quintessential part of your daily diet, they help improve cardiovascular health, promote weight loss, boost energy levels, fight free radicals, prevent inflammation, regulate sugar levels and slow down ageing, among other things.
How Can You Incorporate Superfoods In Your Daily Diet?
An ideal well-balanced and nutritious diet must consist of vegetables, fruits, lean protein, whole grains, nuts, and legumes, while reducing the intake of bad fats, refined sugar, sodium, and preservatives. When most or all of the foods that you include in your diet are superfoods, you know that you are investing in your health, in a way you have never done before. Some of the most common superfoods include acai berry, moringa, blueberries, goji berries, raspberries, tart cherries, cranberries, soybean, green tea, green leafy vegetables, grapes, dark chocolate, several nuts and seeds (good fats) and the like.
So how can you make healthier choices and add more superfoods to your diet? Well, here you go.
- Add a variety of green leafy vegetables to your diet. You can add them to your salad, shred them and add them to your curries and soups, or simply juice them up and make smoothies using them.
- Replace red meats with fishes like salmon or soy products like tofu.
- Keep your plate colourful with a mix of fresh fruits and vegetables, you know that the antioxidant component in your plate is high. That’s why, add a lot of berries, beets, green leafy veggies like spinach, kale, collards, etc.
- Add a lot of berries to your diet, either in the form of smoothies, smoothie bowls, cereal, salads, desserts, baked products, and the like.
- Replace your usual snack items with a fruit of your choice.
- Additionally, add a lot of fresh herbs and spices to your diet like turmeric, ginger, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorn, etc. Not only do they enhance the flavour profile of your food, but also make them more nutritious.
- You can replace coffee with green tea, that’s rich in flavonoids, phytochemicals, and antioxidants. This will also help you reduce your caffeine intake, whilst boosting your energy levels and calming your nerves.
- Apart from fruits, you can also snack on healthy nuts and seeds ( good fats like Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and almonds, to name a few) as snacking options.
- You can also consume organic, plant-based supplements that make use of superfoods as natural ingredients such as the ones brought to you by Wellbeing Nutrition.
While you are wondering, it's easier said than done and how can I get the best of all superfoods in the easiest and delicious way possible. We have got you covered, let's delve deeper into Wellbeing Nutrition’s Superfood Plant Protein which is made from organic superfoods and provides more than just protein.
Wellbeing Nutrition’s Superfood Plant Protein
Wellbeing Nutrition’s Superfood Plant Protein is a complete organic product, which is scientifically formulated by US-based nutritionists. This delicious and highly nutritious superfood protein is 100% plant-based, which is highly bioavailable and digestible. A single serving of this protein provides 22g of complete protein requirements, all essential amino acids and 4g of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs).
Unlike the usual proteins that you get in the market, Wellbeing Nutrition’s vegan protein is packed with nutrient-dense alkalizing superfoods like organic Spirulina, chlorella and moringa. These superfoods are rich sources of vitamins B, C and E, which are all vital for a healthy immune system as they play a pivotal role in strengthening it. Powerful antioxidants in this blend also help fight inflammation and support muscle recovery. BCAAs help muscles feel less sore after exercise and help repair damaged tissues caused due to strenuous exercise.
Derived from golden European peas(pea protein isolate), brown rice, and chia seeds, this protein comes with a blend of microprotein plant peptides and dietary fiber, which makes it the best plant-based supplement for you.Enriched with extracts from potent berries, natural antioxidants, digestive enzymes and MCT from coconut oil, it supports daily repair, and recovery, and boosts immunity and metabolism. Additionally, it is a natural blend, which is free from artificial sugar and colourants. It is available in two flavours-Vanilla Caramel Protein and Dark Chocolate Hazelnut. So if you want to avail the maximum benefits of consuming superfoods and protein, then Superfood Plant Protein by Wellbeing Nutrition is a must have!
- Superfoods: Recent Data on their Role in the Prevention of Diseases, Charalampos Proestos*, Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 15771, Athens, Greece. (https://www.foodandnutritionjournal.org/volume6number3/superfoodsrecent-data-on-their-rolein-the-prevention-of-diseases/)
- Superfoods or Superhype, The Nutrition Source, Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health, (https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/superfoods/)
- Superfoods: Recent Data on their Role in the Prevention of Diseases, December 2018Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science Journal 6(3):576-593
- DOI:10.12944/CRNFSJ.6.3.02, Project: Antioxidants in foods of plant origin, Charalampos Proestos, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329920205_Superfoods_Recent_Data_on_their_Role_in_the_Prevention_of_Diseases)
- Superfoods: The Healthiest Foods on the Planet, Bethany Daugherty, MS, RD, CD
- DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2011.03.008, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behaviour, (https://www.jneb.org/article/S1499-4046(11)00102-3/fulltext)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.