On the back of these deficiencies, when your food fails to meet your nutritional needs, it only becomes natural and perhaps more important to turn to dietary supplements like tinctures, gummies, effervescent tablets, powder, pills, and syrups, among other things. In the vast pool of supplements available in the market, it is key to have a one-of-a-kind formula that shows amazing results. That is where mouth-dissolving or oral strips come into the picture and Wellbeing Nutrition’s newly-launched product, Melts is just that.
Why Melts?Melts are rapidly dissolving oral strips, which unite the benefits of advanced nanoscience with the plant-derived extracts to make nutrition easily available and digestible to you! These oral strips are much safer than taking pills or injections and are an incredibly easy way to consume supplements. This is a fairly new concept in India and is revolutionary in many ways for the pharmaceutical and supplement industries.
Melts have been designed in such a way that whenever they come in contact with the surface of your tongue, the strip dissolves. You don’t need to consume water after placing the strips on the tip of your tongue, the way you do while having pills. These melts strips are all made of natural plant-based ingredients. They are also incredibly fast-acting and are super-effective, courtesy the Unison Effect Formula that makes these strips 95% more bioavailable than traditional capsules, pills, or gummies.
Advantages of Melts over Dietary PillsIf you’re still not convinced about the efficacy of Melts (oral strips), then let’s take a look at the list of its advantages over medical pills below.
● No Water Required: You don’t need water to consume this supplement. All you need to do is place it on your tongue and wait for it to dissolve. Not only is this mode of supplementation easier than the traditional way of taking pills, it also takes away any possible complications that may be associated with the difficulty of swallowing medicines. There have been instances when some people have choked on the pills. That is why, having dissolvable oral strips like Melts is a safer and more convenient way of taking supplements.
● Sublingual Delivery: Sublingual refers to the pharmacological route of supplements/drug administration by which substances get easily dissolved in the bloodstream through the tissues placed under the tongue. Melts embodies the sublingual route of administration, which ensures that the medicine or supplement in question is easily dissolved without swallowing or chewing. This ensures quick absorption as compared to the medicines taken orally, which go first to the liver for metabolism and then to the bloodstream.
A lot of thought has gone into formulating each variant of melts. These oral strips have been manufactured using patented German technology called the Unison Effect, which is a sophisticated sublingual delivery system. This high-end technology combined with natural ingredients have a synergistic effect, making the formulation more effective.
● Advanced nano science: The patented nano technology used to make these Melts draws out essential plant-based ingredients and converts them into miniscule molecules, also known as nanoparticles. The strips are 100 percent organic and vegan, made of ingredients that are carefully selected from the finest nutritious plants all around the world, to give you pure, clean and potent nutrients. Melts contain no preservatives, artificial colours, flavours, are dairy and sugar-free. It's gluten, nut, and soy-free.
● Better bioavailability and absorption: The moment the strip touches your tongue, it dissolves. These oral strips ensure better absorption of nanoparticles, while its ingredients are instantly and directly released into the bloodstream for optimum action. While a pill or a gummy reaches your gut, oral strips like Melts don't. The sublingual delivery system of these oral strips ensure that they directly combine with the bloodstream and not get mixed with the stomach acid or digestive enzymes.
● Portability: These oral strips are much easier to carry around than pills, syrups or powdered supplements.
Different Variants of Melts
The Melts oral strips are available in different variants - Melts Restful Sleep, Melts Instant Energy, Melts Healthy Hair, Melts Vegan Vitamin B12, Melts Natural Vitamin D3 and Melts Throat Relief.
● Melts Restful Sleep: If you are someone who has trouble sleeping, you can try out Wellbeing Nutrition’s Restful Sleep Melts. It has been formulated to aid the natural process of the body to fall asleep and contains plant-based melatonin, which consists of Asian rice, Alfalfa, the leaves and roots of Chlorella Pyrenoidosa, along with other important nutrients like chamomile, l-theanine, passion flower, valerian root, and vitamin B-6, to support the body in being more receptive to melatonin, the sleep hormone.
● Instant Energy: While there are many energy supplements in the market, Wellbeing Nutrition's Instant Energy Melts are formulated using natural ingredients that are a safe and steady source of energy. It contains caffeine derived as a by-product of decaffeinated tea and comprises vitamins and minerals from plant-based sources such as tempeh, coconut water, and sunflower oil. So the next time you are low on energy, you know what to have!
● Melts Vegan Vitamin B12: Given that vitamin B12 sources are mostly animal foods, you can try Wellbeing Nutrition’s Vegan Vitamin B12 Melts if you’re vegan or vegetarian. These oral strips naturally support your body’s ability to fight infections and diseases. Prepared with a plant- based source of vitamin B12, methylcobalamin, Vitamin B12 Melts are 99% pure and sugar free too. All you need to do with it is place a Melt’s strip on your tongue and let it melt!
● Melts Healthy Hair: If you think your hair is damaged and have tried all natural ways to tackle it, try out Well Being Nutrition's Healthy Hair Melts, which are formulated using a natural form of Biotin. This promises to work wonders on the keratin structure of all types of hair. It also contains fo-ti extract, saw palmetto, bamboo extract, and zinc, which improves the overall wellbeing of your hair and scalp.
● Melts Natural Vitamin D3: While there are many vitamin D3 supplements in the market, Wellbeing Nutrition's vitamin D3 Melts are formulated using natural ingredients that are a safe and steady source of the vitamin. It contains specially sourced organic plants called lichen (which naturally stores vitamin D3), coconut oil, pure vitamin K2 extracted from fermented chickpeas, and astaxanthin (an important antioxidant).
● Melts Throat Relief: You can try out Wellbeing Nutrition’s Throat Relief Melts, which are formulated using the potent blend of internationally sourced ingredients like Manuka Honey and native Indian herbs and spices like curcumin, ginger, clove, and Holy basil that help to alleviate cold, congestion, sore throat and other respiratory ailments.
Final TakeawayIn the end, we believe that oral strips like Melts are the future of medicine and pharma technology. These are a great alternative for the pills, particularly for people who have difficulty swallowing pills and run the danger of getting choked. Not just that, they ensure better absorption and bioavailability, making them more effective than pills, gummies, powder or syrups.
● Bala R, Pawar P, Khanna S, Arora S. Orally dissolving strips: A new approach to oral drug delivery system. Int J Pharm Investig. 2013;3(2):67-76. doi:10.4103/2230-973X.114897. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757902/#)
● Oral Strips, Madhuri Deshmukh, Hemlata Wadkar, Amit Nerkar, Current Trends in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 2019. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337916040_Oral_Strips)