Under eye skin is quite delicate as compared to the other regions. If you compare the skin on your palm with the under-eye skin, you would know the difference. This region is affected the most when it comes to premature ageing or age-related skin effects. Examples are dark circles or wrinkles.
If your under eye region has dark circles or wrinkles too, this blog is for you. Here we’re going to discuss some easy tips for keeping your under eye region plump, wrinkle free and young. We’ll also introduce a unique supplement for your under eye skin and overall eye health: Melts Eye Care. So, let’s get started.
Easy yet effective tips to take care of your under eye skin
Some of the effective tips to take care of your under eye skin are as follows:
It may sound clichéd but it works. Think of your skin as a grape. When the grape loses its water content, it shrinks and becomes dull and wrinkles start to appear. However, if you put it in water to retain the moisture, it plumps back up and looks fresh. Same goes for your skin too.
You can use your regular face moisturizer for your under eye-region. However, make sure to apply only if it doesn't burn or cause redness in your eyes.
2. Check for ingredients before you choose your eye cream
Different ingredients in eye creams are meant for different purposes. So, you need to choose the ingredient based on your problem.
If you want to treat fine lines, you need something that’ll plump your skin. And for that you’ll need the below ingredients which are linked to promoting collagen production:
- Prescription-based retinoid
- Over-the-counter retinol
- Vitamin A derivatives
Dark circles or hyperpigmentation
Below ingredients in your cream can help you fight UV rays from the sun and prevent dark circles:
- Kojic acid
- Vitamin C
- Azelaic acid
- Niacinamide (vitamin B-3)
You can treat puffy eyes with enough sleep and water. However, the below ingredients can help too:
- Dipeptide-2 (Eyeliss)
- Coffee berry polyphenols and green tea
- Willow herb
3. Be gentle while dealing with makeup
As mentioned earlier, the under-eye region is quite delicate and the skin is thin. So, even a bit of an extra pressure on the under-eye region can cause new fine lines. So, whether you’re removing or applying makeup, make sure to be gentle.
4. Protection from the sun
Too much exposure to the sun can turn your under eye region dark. It’s usually because of the harmful UV rays. So, make sure to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to minimize the effect. Also, a pair of sunglasses would get the job done pretty well.
5. A gentle massage
If you have puffy eyes, it could be because of extra fluid beneath the under-eye region. So, massaging it gently might help release the fluid and reduce puffiness.
6. Sleep well and eat healthy
What happens on the inside usually has a profound impact on what appears on the outside. So, sleeping for 6-8 hours without distraction should be your first goal, followed by a healthy diet and a bit of exercise. Resting will offer enough rest to your eyes, whereas a healthy diet and exercise will keep you active throughout the day.
What is Melts Eye Care and how can it help your eyes?
Melts Eye Care are nano strips that dissolve as soon as you place them on your tongue. It comes with the following ingredients with the corresponding benefits:
- Lutemax 2020: Ensures overall eye health.
- Lutein: It helps in reducing inflammation and also sharpens your eye vision.
- Zeaxanthin: It protects your eye cells from the sun's harmful UV rays.
- Bilberry: It helps deal with retinal disorders, nearsightedness, cataract issues, and glaucoma.
- NAG: It offers better lubrication to your eyes improving visual acuity.
- Beetroot: It helps improve your eye health and also protects your eye from age related degeneration.
All in all, Melts Eye Care helps reduce fatigue, improve sharpness, offers protection, reduces strain, improves lubrication` and prevents age related signs of degeneration. Also, it’s free from sugar, preservatives, gluten, non-GMO certified, vegan, tasty and safe.
Your eye, especially the under-eye region, deserves all the care you can give. Although there are several remedies you can try to prevent wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness, Melts Eye Care from Wellbeing Nutrition can be the icing on the cake. It will not only help you take care of your under eye region but will also ensure your overall eye health and wellbeing. So, include a pack of Melts Eye Care with the above given remedies.
- Kawada C, Yoshida T, Yoshida H, et al. Ingested hyaluronan moisturizes dry skin. Nutr J. 2014; 13:70. Published 2014 Jul 11. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-13-70. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4110621/)
- Sarkar R, Ranjan R, Garg S, Garg VK, Sonthalia S, Bansal S. Periorbital Hyperpigmentation: A Comprehensive Review. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016;9(1):49-55. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756872/).
- Roberts WE. Periorbital hyperpigmentation: review of etiology, medical evaluation, and aesthetic treatment. J Drugs Dermatol. 2014 Apr;13(4):472-82. PMID: 24719068. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24719068).