Take it Slow: What is The Ideology Behind Delayed Release Supplements
In today’s fast-paced lives, if there’s one thing that tends to take a massive hit, it’s nutrition. Our hectic lifestyle has made it incredibly difficult to have a well-rounded, wholesome diet rich in a plethora of micronutrients that go a long way in ensuring we lead healthy lives. When one’s diet falls short of meeting a person’s nutritional requirements, dietary supplements come to the rescue. But even within the world of supplements, there’s been a massive change over the years. Nutrition and technology have evolved hand in hand to come up with the best of products. From mere capsules and tablets to effervescent tabs and oral thin strips- we have come a long way. But have you heard about delayed-release supplements? In this blog, we shall speak about this new range of supplements by Wellbeing Nutrition called Slow.
What is SLOW/Delayed/Slow-Release Technology in Capsules?
Slow is a range of time-conscious supplements, which helps one keep up with their fast-paced lives and sustain the beneficial effects of the nutrients used over a longer period of time. These supplements draw on the powerful ingredients found in nature and deliver it gradually using delayed-release technology, providing nutritional support for an extended duration. This is the perfect example of sustained nutrition and is the best and most recommended dietary supplement for everyday living,especially in this fast-paced world.
How Are Delayed-Release Capsules Different From Traditional Capsules?
Slow-release capsules contain ingredients sourced from all across the world, which when combined with delayed-release technology, displays better potency, digestibility, absorption, and bioavailability than traditional capsules. Let us look at some of the ways in which our slow-release capsules are better than its traditional counterpart.
Material: Wellbeing Nutrition’s Slow capsules come in Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, which is globally also known as “Hypromellose”(HPMC).These capsules are made using chemically-manufactured polymer cellulose, which is deemed safe for normal human consumption. Also HPMC products are 100% vegan, vegetarian-friendly, kosher and halal-certified. These are a great example of vegetable capsules that are commonly used as an alternative to gelatin because of its gelatin-like appearance.
Digestibility and absorption: Before choosing capsules, one needs to see if it can withstand the highly acidic environment of the stomach or are sustained-released. Slow capsules are designed in such a way that the nutritional beadlets or the fast-acting oil present within the capsules reach the precise part or parts of the intestine without being destroyed by the stomach acid. These capsules, unlike the other ones, are acid resistant, easily digestible, and prevent digestive issues. They also ensure that the contents within the capsules pass through the digestive system along with optimum nutrition absorption.
Taste: Slow-release capsules are enhanced with mint flavour, which ensures there’s no bad burps or any unpalatable aftertaste unlike its traditional counterparts that tend to leave a medicinal flavour in the mouth after consumption.
Appearance: People tend to be vary about taking dietary supplements primarily because of the uncertainty related to the ingredients used. Most of the traditional capsules come in an opaque casing with zero visibility of the contents. On the contrary, Wellbeing Nutrition’s Slow comes in a transparent capsule with visible nutrient coated beadlets and fast acting oils. Unlike other traditional capsules, the slow-release capsules are devoid of unnecessary synthetic fillers.
Traceability: While we may not be aware of the ingredients used in traditional capsules because of the opaque coating, Slow delayed-release capsules by Wellbeing Nutrition are transparent and easily traceable. Each of these natural ingredient capsules contain plant superfoods, vitamins, minerals, adaptogens, natural elixirs, essential herbs, and compounds sourced sustainably from all across the world for better bioavailability and absorption.
Features of Delayed-Release Capsules
These are the features of slow-release capsules:
- Slow by Wellbeing Nutrition embodies the delayed-release technology, which ensures better bioavailability of the nutrients.
- These capsules come in transparent coating with colourful beadlets.These capsules contain the highest quality vitamins, adaptogens, minerals, plant extracts, and compounds that are sourced from all across the globe.
- These capsules have been enhanced with mint for no unpalatable medicinal after-taste. The smooth surface of these Slow capsules leads to an effortless swallowing.
- The Slow capsules have a band sealing, which ensures no leakages or spillage of the ingredients.
- These capsules are also consumer friendly. They are aesthetically appealing and look premium, which is enough to lure people to purchase and consume this product regularly without skipping a dose.
- The slow-release capsules by Wellbeing Nutrition are available in HPMC material that are 100% vegan, vegetarian-friendly, kosher and halal-certified.
- Slow-release capsules come in different forms such as beadlets in oil, beadlets in capsule, and microcapsules in capsule.
- These capsules come in challenging formulations. They contain highly viscous oils and ingredients that don’t interact or dissolve in that oil. We have used different types of capsules so as to avoid the mixing up of the ingredients with the oils.
Benefits of Slow Capsules
Following are the benefits of slow capsules:
- More bioavailability and better absorption: Slow capsules embody 2-in-1 nutriscience that combines fast-absorbing oils with delayed-release technology. It has natural ingredients- vitamins, minerals, essential herbs, and adaptogens sourced from all across the globe that are more biologically active that leads to better nutrient absorption in the body. These capsules contain plant-based beadlet ingredients to give the body sustained nutritional support. The slow-release technology is designed to dissolve gradually over 8 hours in the absorptive, less sensitive areas of the gastrointestinal tract to ensure maximum bioavailability and absorption of the nutrients.
- Diverse age groups and health conditions: These capsules cater to all age groups above the age of 18. For 18+ adult men, these capsules aim to replenish energy levels and plug in the nutritional deficiencies. For 18+ women, we have a range of capsules to provide PMS support, improve urinary tract health, enhance skin, hair and nail health, as well as strengthen bones. For men above 50, we have capsules that help boost metabolism, improve cardiovascular health, reduce macular degeneration, and strengthen bones and joints, among other things. For 50+ women, these capsules provide menopausal support, improve bone health, strengthen eye sight, prevent cognitive decline, and enhance hair, skin and nail health, to name a few.
- Allergen free: All the ingredients used in the products are non-GMO, allergen-free, gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free and devoid of artificial colours, preservatives, and synthetic additives. These products are scientifically formulated and clinically tested to help people lead healthier and a more balanced way of life.
Different Variants of Slow Capsules
There are in total 14 different variants of Slow capsules by Wellbeing Nutrition. Each variant in the range provides specific benefits or is meant for a specific person. Let us look at them in detail below.
- Slow Burn: Slow Burn is the perfect answer to your, ‘how to improve metabolism?’ and ‘how to reduce belly fat?’ queries. These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in a capsule in capsule format, which aids in stimulating weight loss and acts as a metabolism booster. Burn capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with fast absorbing liquid L-Carnitine and slow release plant-based beadlets with chromium and caffeine.
- Slow Gut Health: While healthy gut food is important for good digestive health, supplements like Slow Gut Health also go a long way in improving one’s digestion and overall gastrointestinal health. These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in a capsule in capsule format, which gently enhance digestion. Gut Health capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with 4 probiotic strains -20 Billion CFU & FOS prebiotic fiber encapsulated in vegan omega oil.
- Slow Liver Health: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in capsule format, which gently cleanses and regulates the liver. Liver Health capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with specialized herbal extracts & vitamins beadlets.
- Slow Virgin Omega 3: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format, which gently supports brain and heart health. Virgin Omega 3 capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with specialized curcumin beadlets & virgin omega fish oil.
- Slow Bone Support: Slow bone support supplements are scientifically-developed supplements that come in a capsule in capsule format. These Bone support capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with collagen, hyaluronic acid, and resveratrol encapsulated in fast acting MCT oil. These vitamins for bones are highly effective and help improve joints, bones, and flexibility.
- Slow Multi For Her 50+: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format, which helps boost energy and immunity among women above the age of 50.These Multi For Her 50+ capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting flaxseed oil.
- Slow Multi For Him 50+: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format, which helps boost energy and immunity among men above the age of 50.These Multi For Him 50+ capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting safflower oil.
- Multi For Her: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format, which helps improve hemoglobin levels and provide PMS support along with boosting energy levels among young women.These multivitamins for women capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting vegan omega oil.
- Multi For Him: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format. They are multivitamins for men between the ages of 18 and 49 that help fill nutrient gaps in one’s diet. These Multi For Him capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based multivitamin beadlets with caffeine and ginseng in fast absorbing mct oil from coconut. Each capsule contains essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B complex, vitamin D, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, and the like.
- Slow Hair, Skin, and Nails: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in capsules in capsules format, which, as the name suggests, helps improve and strengthen hair, skin and nail health. These Hair Skin and Nails capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting evening primrose oil.
- Slow Prenatal: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in beadlets in oil format. These prenatal capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting vegan Algal DHA oil. These prenatal vitamins help maintain and improve the overall health of pregnant women.
- Slow Post Natal: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in capsules in capsules format, which help support the overall health of lactating mothers. These postnatal capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting vegan Algal DHA oil.
- Slow Fertility For Him: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in capsules in capsules format, which help improve and support fertility in men. These fertility capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting vegan omega oil.
- Slow Fertility For Her: These are scientifically-developed supplements that come in capsules in capsules format, which help improve and support fertility in women. These fertility capsules combine the most powerful nutriscience with plant-based vitamins and mineral beadlets in fast acting vegan omega oil.
What are the Types of Fast-acting Oils Used in SLOW?
Here are the fast-acting oils used in the Slow supplement.
- Vegan Omega Oil: It helps fight inflammation, aid in digestion, . It contains DHA, which is an essential fatty acid. It also helps improve eye health and cognition.
- Flaxseed Oil: Flaxseed oil may help treat gut health problems, reduce inflammation, improve heart health and skin health, among other things.
- Fenugreek Oil: This oil contains anti-viral properties, which helps to improve immunity and protect the body from various viruses and pathogens. It also regulates blood sugar levels, improves digestion and heart health.
- Liquid L-Carnitine: L-Carnitine is a conditionally essential amino acid, which helps in fat oxidation/burning and as a very effective source of energy. It is also associated with brain and heart health.L-Carnitine improves recovery and stamina.
- MCT Oil: MCT oil is used to gently improve energy levels and mobility.
- Vegan DHA: Vegan DHA protects against UV rays, balances gut microbiome that ensures a healthy skin, helps subdue breakouts and minimize signs of aging.Vegan DHA oil supports cognition and brain health along with curbing inflammatory responses in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Evening Primrose oil ensures nourishment and protection at a cellular level.It also helps enhance beauty and improve hair, skin and nails health. It helps smoothen skin and improve its moisture, firmness and Elasticity.
- Safflower Oil: It is a healthy source of essential fatty acids, improves heart health, lowers cholesterol, regulates blood pressure, lowers blood sugar levels, aids in weight loss, and the like.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil is used in Virgin Omega 3 supplement. It contributes to cognitive and eye development, fights inflammation and has the potential to reduce the risk of heart disease and cognitive decline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions related to slow/delayed-release supplements. Let’s take a look at them below.
What is the purpose of delayed-release capsules?
Delayed-release capsules are supplements or medications that are manufactured to release the active ingredients gradually over a period of time after taking them. This then helps control the release of active ingredients in the body, ie, the small intestines. This technology then helps prevent the breakdown of the ingredients too soon, allowing the body to use up the benefits of the supplement over a sustained period of time. This ensures better nutrient absorption in the body.
Are delayed-release supplements better?
Delayed or slow-release supplements are designed to be more effective and potent and they dissolve gradually over a long period of time compared to traditional supplements that dissolve within a short span of time. This controlled release technology allows the supplements to release in small amounts into the patient’s system over an extended period of time, which leads to better bioavailability and absorption of the ingredients. So they are, in a way, better than traditional supplements.
Are Slow delayed-release supplements by Wellbeing Nutrition safe?
Slow delayed release supplements by Wellbeing Nutrition are safe. They are non-GMO, allergen-free, gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free and devoid of artificial colors, preservatives, and synthetic additives. These products are scientifically formulated and clinically tested to help people lead healthier and a more balanced way of life. However, it is always advisable to consult your regular doctor before including any kind of supplement to your regular routine.
What is the difference between delayed-release and fast-acting supplements?
Delayed or slow-release supplements are different from fast-acting supplements primarily because of the way the treatment works. In fast-acting or immediate-release supplements, the body obtains the full dose of supplementation/nutrients immediately. In some cases, the fast-acting supplements may take longer-time to act depending on how the body metabolizes them, allowing the concentration of the supplement to build up in the blood and have a continual and cumulative effect over a period of time. On the other hand, time-release supplements dissolve in the digestive system over a longer period of time, which allows the full dose of the nutritional supplement in question to release into the bloodstream over a sustained period of time. This way, the supplement’s concentration is likely to remain constant in the body until the consumption of the next dose.
What makes Wellbeing Nutrition’s Slow apart from other multivitamins?
Most people rely on dietary supplements for their omega 3 requirements, especially when their diet fails to meet their nutritional needs. Most people take a separate supplement for omega and multivitamins to meet their daily supplement requirement. Unlike most supplements, Slow multivitamins offer a dose of omega 3 fatty acids along with other essential nutrients in just one serving. These fatty acids enable better absorption of nutrients into one’s system.
Healthy fats, like omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, are important along with your daily multivitamins as it helps lower inflammation, improve heart health, boost energy levels, regulate blood pressure, reduce the risk of cognitive disorders, improve eye health, and improve the absorption of fat soluble nutrients like vitamins A,D,E and K.
- Powell G, Saunders M, Rigby A, Marson AG. Immediate-release versus controlled-release carbamazepine in the treatment of epilepsy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016;12(12):CD007124. Published 2016 Dec 8. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007124.pub5. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6463840/)
- Richards TW, Cheraskin E, Ringsdorf WM Jr. Effect of sustained release versus regular multivitamin supplement upon vitamin C state. Int Z Vitaminforsch. 1969;39(4):407-15. PMID: 4244965. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/4244965/)
- Katie E. Lane, Megan Wilson, Teuta G. Hellon & Ian G. Davies (2021) Bioavailability and conversion of plant based sources of omega-3 fatty acids – a scoping review to update supplementation options for vegetarians and vegans, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2021.1880364. (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10408398.2021.1880364)
- Sajad Ahmad Wani, Pradyuman Kumar, Fenugreek: A review on its nutraceutical properties and utilization in various food products, Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, Volume 17, Issue 2, 2018, Pages 97-106, ISSN 1658-077X,
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssas.2016.01.007. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1658077X15301065)
- Goyal A, Sharma V, Upadhyay N, Gill S, Sihag M. Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food. J Food Sci Technol. 2014;51(9):1633-1653. doi:10.1007/s13197-013-1247-9. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152533/)
- Talenezhad N, Mohammadi M, Ramezani-Jolfaie N, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Salehi-Abargouei A. Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2020 Jun;37:9-23. doi: 10.1016/j.clnesp.2020.03.008. Epub 2020 Apr 18. PMID: 32359762. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32359762/)
- Schagen SK, Zampeli VA, Makrantonaki E, Zouboulis CC. Discovering the link between nutrition and skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):298-307. doi:10.4161/derm.22876. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583891/)
- St-Onge MP, Bosarge A, Goree LL, Darnell B. Medium chain triglyceride oil consumption as part of a weight loss diet does not lead to an adverse metabolic profile when compared to olive oil. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008;27(5):547-552. doi:10.1080/07315724.2008.10719737. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874191/)
- A comprehensive characterisation of safflower oil for its potential applications as a bioactive food ingredient - A review, August 2017Trends in Food Science & Technology 66:176-186, DOI:10.1016/j.tifs.2017.06.009, Projects: Soil Fertility and Soil Microbiology. Soil water analysis for irrigation purposes.Developing bioactive food ingredients. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317488483_A_comprehensive_characterisation_of_safflower_oil_for_its_potential_applications_as_a_bioactive_food_ingredient_-_A_review)
- de Magalhães JP, Müller M, Rainger GE, Steegenga W. Fish oil supplements, longevity and aging. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8(8):1578-1582. doi:10.18632/aging.101021. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5032683/)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.